The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Read on....
Because its the real story of every couple...... A mad wife, a mute husband and a beautiful ex-girlfriend!! :laugh: :laugh:

Got this from the net...Congress and Barfi have a lot in common :laugh:

"A deaf and mute person whose life revolves around a mentally challenged woman…and a Bengali woman, who always ends up getting him into trouble.....LOL :laugh:

Picturising the so called congress as described by you, i cannot stop laughing....especially when you mentioned the mute part.....

I guess kalyani, you must also have heard of this pun!

It is very apt given our political scenario... :laugh: Some people think up of such brilliant comparisons LOL...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Already 2-3 threads started for Barfi.....even one for its Oscar nomination.
Can you go through previous pages
this is one among them
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/movies-entertainment/237206-barfi-entered-in-oscar.html?limitstart=0

Just as you can submit multiple articles on same topic from different angles, post/ threads on on same topic can also be creatyed.

As long as the theme is not repeated, a single subject can present a plethora of view points .
this is one among them
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/movies-entertainment/237206-barfi-entered-in-oscar.html?limitstart=0

Just as you can submit multiple articles on same topic from different angles, post/ threads on on same topic can also be creatyed.

then Ok.
We shall add some humorous posts using our imaginations :cheer:

I have seen those threads but my intention in starting this one is from a very different angle, as you can see I have started this under Humor and Jokes and the purpose is to invite similar jokes or discussion on husband-wife relationship!! Not talking about the movie really!!

Kalyani, when a thread is started under humor to get some humorous responses you get very serious debate and when a serious discussion gets started elsewhere the S factor ( brigade) takes over and you have gossip for pages together, what a topsy turve place this is LOL....

Yes Usha I noticed this contradictory tendency here!! I often wonder at times if I should start such a discussion on a serious note to get the humorous responses that I wanted!!! :lol:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Read on....
Because its the real story of every couple...... A mad wife, a mute husband and a beautiful ex-girlfriend!! :laugh: :laugh:

"A deaf and mute person whose life revolves around a mentally challenged woman…and a Bengali woman, who always ends up getting him into trouble.....LOL :laugh:

Picturising the so called congress as described by you, i cannot stop laughing....especially when you mentioned the mute part.....

I guess kalyani, you must also have heard of this pun!

Yes Swetha, I read about the pun!! That is a great one and holds true for many husbands and wives!! :laugh:

Going by this link, it looks as if the producer director borrowed rather generously from every source possible and put together the scenes...

http://tanqeed.com/forum/barfi-scenes-inspiredcopied-from-the-notebook-charlie-chaplin-and-other-movies/

and some very sound reasons why it is a bad oscar choice..

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/three-reasons-why-barfi-is-a-bad-oscar-choice-466245.html

Yes Usha, when I saw some of the trailers of Barfi, I immediately remembered Charlie Chaplin's movie, it is not at all an original movie so how come it was even selected for the Oscars?? But then, mediocrity rules and excellence gets ignored so I am not surprised. There are much much better movies being made in Marathi and other regional languages, but they don't even get nominated to the National awards, leave alone Oscars!

this is one among them

then Ok.
We shall add some humorous posts using our imaginations :cheer:

I have seen those threads but my intention in starting this one is from a very different angle, as you can see I have started this under Humor and Jokes and the purpose is to invite similar jokes or discussion on husband-wife relationship!! Not talking about the movie really!!

Kalyani, when a thread is started under humor to get some humorous responses you get very serious debate and when a serious discussion gets started elsewhere the S factor ( brigade) takes over and you have gossip for pages together, what a topsy turve place this is LOL....

Yes Usha I noticed this contradictory tendency here!! I often wonder at times if I should start such a discussion on a serious note to get the humorous responses that I wanted!!! :lol:

LOL that really is something to think about... :laugh: do the opposite to get the required result... :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Barfi is a good picture of this year till now.All characters played a marvelous role.When I watched the movie it seems to me that I am watching some what a black and white cartoon picture. Ranbir Kapoor looks like Charlie Chaplin.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I don't think the thread has any more significance as no more productive points are being given. Barfi nominated for oscars is not the right term. Its just an entry from India for oscars and its just in the list. Top 5 or 10 are yet to come.. So lets not come to conclusion. I think mods can close this thread.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Read on....

Such real stories are aplenty. can there be a more realistic story than 'Mother india'?

I don't think the thread has any more significance as no more productive points are being given. Barfi nominated for oscars is not the right term. Its just an entry from India for oscars and its just in the list. Top 5 or 10 are yet to come.. So lets not come to conclusion. I think mods can close this thread.

Sad to say Puneet, but like others, you too have missed the point of this thread! Read my other posts on first page!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.