Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
yes things should be changed according to the time. Even from my childhood also people used to start the stories narrating " Once up on time"

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

@Babuji
Where are those story tellers?
Earlier grand parents used to tell stories of fantasies and ghosts and adventures. Now since atomic families are the latest fashion, chota bhim and tom are telling stories through cartoons. Can we expect "Once upon a time" from them....as both of these characters believe they are living in present!!!

Meera sandhu
@Babuji
Where are those story tellers?
Earlier grand parents used to tell stories of fantasies and ghosts and adventures. Now since atomic families are the latest fashion, chota bhim and tom are telling stories through cartoons. Can we expect "Once upon a time" from them....as both of these characters believe they are living in present!!!

True, that's why our children are devoid of childhood. They are deprived of their chidhood charms.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
As usual on that Sunday morning kids in my flat gathered around me. It's my habit to interact with kids through art classes or story sessions on Sundays. It was decided that today i should narrate spicy and gripping stories, So when i looked around to ensure all the kids were present,cleared my thought and started my story session, 'Once upon a time......"
"Sir, .....", it was Anoop, the big eyed son of Raman of third floor.
"Yes Anoop " I said
"Sir, why you always start the story with Once upon a time.... Cant we start a story in another way?"
"Yes, now a days some people are starting a fairy tale, "If I'm elected......"[

Reminds me of Chandamama stories most of which began with Once upon a time.....the places mentioned all seemed like some far off enchanting towns where people lived happily ever after ! Children these days may never have that kind of an experience where they get transported to a different imaginary fantasy world altogether

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think 'Once upon a time' is now used less but most fairy tales start with that phrase only... One can start directly now
Question and doubt of kids can really give a strong headache to God also.. :laugh: I can't understand that how this kids discover such type of questions.? :huh: :ohmy:
Once upon a time is a past experience and leave thoughts in the mind of the listeners.

Sharmistha Banerjee
the stories are past happenings only, so we use once up on a time as starting while narrating.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

the stories are past happenings only, so we use once up on a time as starting while narrating.

Sorry Sarala. Regrets to say, none could catch the humour streak in the post .
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.