Shoba de is extremely intelligent,talented and humorous.I love reading her books and columns where she is able to analyse a political situation in a forthright manner adding humor and some insight as well, this is one such hilarious writing about the current Devyani issue that has been going on and on...I am sure you will laugh your guts out.. :laugh: :cheer:
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/politically-incorrect/entry/tch-tch-uncle-sam-is-being-a-naughty-boy

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Usha, you totally made my day today! It is so delightfully hilarious article, I am laughing really hard now! I really like the witty lady De's columns, this one has topped all the others! :woohoo: :woohoo:

By the way, read the comments posted below the article and you will laugh even more!!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Suman Rawat
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Usha, you totally made my day today! It is so delightfully hilarious article, I am laughing really hard now! I really like the witty lady De's columns, this one has topped all the others! :woohoo: :woohoo:

By the way, read the comments posted below the article and you will laugh even more!!!

Yes I have read the comments as well....Shoba De's columns are extremely amusing and entertaining and I try not to miss her columns on Sunday times ... :) Either way the lady in question is not so helpless as is made out by our media since all the skeletons in her cupboard are tumbling out now !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes I have read the comments as well....Shoba De's columns are extremely amusing and entertaining and I try not to miss her columns on Sunday times ... :) Either way the lady in question is not so helpless as is made out by our media since all the skeletons in her cupboard are tumbling out now !

"We keep the nanny, you take the diplomat" is the power packed punchline and its the highlight. I 'm familiar with Shobha's writings right from her Star dust days.

Her name first appeared in the Adarsh scam, she owns a flat there! Now it is revealed that she is posted in NY in spite of majoring in German language in IFS, it seems only because her husband works in NY, she got a preferential posting there! A lady who gave false information while procuring flat in Adarsh scheme meant for others speaks a lot about what she can do in case of her maid's papers! Actually this class of people belonging to bureaucracy considers themselves as being princes and princesses of some sort and it is only right that they be shown the reality and brought back to the ground!

Her name first appeared in the Adarsh scam, she owns a flat there! Now it is revealed that she is posted in NY in spite of majoring in German language in IFS, it seems only because her husband works in NY, she got a preferential posting there! A lady who gave false information while procuring flat in Adarsh scheme meant for others speaks a lot about what she can do in case of her maid's papers! Actually this class of people belonging to bureaucracy considers themselves as being princes and princesses of some sort and it is only right that they be shown the reality and brought back to the ground!

Exactly ! and look at the way she is being protected by our politicians and there was a poor Sea captain Sunil, who was held refugee for almost a year by the Togo pirates with our govt doing nothing until last week after the wife went and met the PM...

Exactly ! and look at the way she is being protected by our politicians and there was a poor Sea captain Sunil, who was held refugee for almost a year by the Togo pirates with our govt doing nothing until last week after the wife went and met the PM...

Yes, that is so tragic, poor guy was not let out even on compassionate grounds when his little son was dying from septicemia, :blink: only now when his wife took a stand that she will not commit his last rites without her husband, he has been brought home! And not to forget the Kerala fishermen shot dead by Italians, those Italians were allowed to go home on holiday last christmas! This is the kind of inhumane treatment commoners are subjected to in our country while they make a lot fo noise for the likes of Devyani! :blink:

Shobha De' subtle satire is too big a thing to many who rarely catch the crux of the satire. The message sent by Shobha, i'm sure will fly away over the heads of many.
Shobh De is one of her kinds who runs four different columns in different newspapers. With her wast knowledge of journalism and writing, she has enough experience to handle humor and witty part of the life.
Shobh De is one of her kinds who runs four different columns in different newspapers. With her wast knowledge of journalism and writing, she has enough experience to handle humor and witty part of the life.

Yes. She is. She has an uncanny knack of putting the things in a subtle way. And remember, her satire is simply bone-chilling. Her satire is not for thick skinned and thick skulled. I'm an ardent fan of her wonderful writings.

Yes. She is. She has an uncanny knack of putting the things in a subtle way. And remember, her satire is simply bone-chilling. Her satire is not for thick skinned and thick skulled. I'm an ardent fan of her wonderful writings.

Shoba De started the film magazine Stardust i collaboration with Nari Hira...later moved away and wrote a few novels which were all well received.She is extremely intelligent and sensitive.This one can perceive when you hear her speak on news debates.She is able to put her finger on the right spot most of the times, while the politicians are rambling away..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.