The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There is no necessity of changing the system. Articles are meant for reading.

And another point I want to remind you all! I for one open the articles to search for new themes and titles.. Just after seeing the theme and title of the article, I switch over to another page. If in this process, administration awards me a pont, is it my fault or crime? And for such activity for me there is no necessity for reading the article.

Every member who scans the article pages, need nt necessarily be a point hunter.

Anyhow as Sunil, our moderator said, the post may be seen in a lighter mood.

rambabu wrote:

There is no necessity of changing the system. Articles are meant for reading.

And another point I want to remind you all! I for one open the articles to search for new themes and titles.. Just after seeing the theme and title of the article, I switch over to another page. If in this process, administration awards me a pont, is it my fault or crime? And for such activity for me there is no necessity for reading the article.

Every member who scans the article pages, need nt necessarily be a point hunter.

Anyhow as Sunil, our moderator said, the post may be seen in a lighter mood.

This is true that clicking on articles doesn't means that one only wants to read that article as sometimes I open an article just to see its length, sometimes for getting an idea if i am writing on something related to that. And in that case I never go through the complete article.

a.s.

I am inspired and motivated to great extent. I will certainly try to follow suggestions made by experienced members :) 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: AKP, baby angel

I am inspired and motivated to great extent. I will certainly try to follow suggestions made by experienced members :)

I too feel quite inspired a lot! :) Really very insightful suggestions and thoughts of some, quite enlightening to say the least.

@All members of boddunan, although Sunil has [posted the topic in the humor category, I feel that those who missed the irony behind it are actually a bit silly (no offense intended). But seriously., is it right to simply keep clicking on articles just to stay on the top???

@ Mousumi, this issue very very old and has been raised many many times, you might have missed those times since you have questioned why it has never been raised. Many members know and have always taken part during those times. Also raising such a question does mean finding fault with those who do it. It is matter of ethics and nothing else.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I too feel quite inspired a lot! :) Really very insightful suggestions and thoughts of some, quite enlightening to say the least.

@All members of boddunan, although Sunil has [posted the topic in the humor category, I feel that those who missed the irony behind it are actually a bit silly (no offense intended). But seriously., is it right to simply keep clicking on articles just to stay on the top???

@ Mousumi, this issue very very old and has been raised many many times, you might have missed those times since you have questioned why it has never been raised. Many members know and have always taken part during those times. Also raising such a question does mean finding fault with those who do it. It is matter of ethics and nothing else.

I do understand the importance of ethics and although the post is under humour, it is ironical which is obvious. Hence, my response this this thread was on a serious note. Also, it is important to stay on the top for points eventually make you member of the week, for which we get money. So anything is fair in war, love, and Boddunan, unless and until any of the members are breaking a rule. If no.of articles are restricted to a minimum per day, I suggest the Admin to go ahead and do so- I hope everybody would be happy. But still it will not encourage everyone to read every article. But sometimes weekend is the only time people can become active on Boddunan and it may not be possible to remain active otherwise. In that case clicking on articles becomes and remains the only way out to get points. On second thought we should have something else added, any other activity which will help us score points other than reading articles, and participating in forums and answering questions. What say?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Certainly not right, if the intent is to stay at the top.For an able member the phenomenon of clicking on the  articles is not the last resort or the only last resort. Whereas, for those others who intend to stay at the top by hook or crook clicking on articles  is a way of life. As one of our hon'ble moderator rightly described it as "Temporary Triumph "

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree that few more activities should be added in boddunan.com for earning more points but earning points through clicking on articles doesn't sound clever at all. It can help you get on the top for few weeks but not after that.

a.s.
baby angel wrote:

I agree that few more activities should be added in boddunan.com for earning more points but earning points through clicking on articles doesn't sound clever at all. It can help you get on the top for few weeks but not after that.

A good suggestion indeed. Either increase the activities or bring back those abolished activities. Thesemeasures make the members active. Additionally the member can earn points.

baby angel wrote:

Exactly, this is what I have suggested, hope the admin takes these suggestions into account and turns temporary achievement into permanent one. :P

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I do understand the importance of ethics and although the post is under humour, it is ironical which is obvious. Hence, my response this this thread was on a serious note. Also, it is important to stay on the top for points eventually make you member of the week, for which we get money. So anything is fair in war, love, and Boddunan, unless and until any of the members are breaking a rule. If no.of articles are restricted to a minimum per day, I suggest the Admin to go ahead and do so- I hope everybody would be happy. But still it will not encourage everyone to read every article. But sometimes weekend is the only time people can become active on Boddunan and it may not be possible to remain active otherwise. In that case clicking on articles becomes and remains the only way out to get points. On second thought we should have something else added, any other activity which will help us score points other than reading articles, and participating in forums and answering questions. What say?

In effect, what you are suggesting that clicking articles indiscriminately to earn points in order to stay on top is right? It may not be illegal as you suggest, but it is certainly not the honest and the correct means to earn points and money here. The very action defeats a lot of things, even if rules are not broken. The first thing that the person breaks by doing so is trust of others and his own credibility. Do you seriously think that people who go through 200 articles or such are actually reading it?  Such people are and will always be frowned upon here by us and the members who take trouble of logging in every day and putting time and energy. People who stay away for the entire week and then show up on weekends frantically clicking article links to earn points to make up for the week are DEFINITELY NOT WELCOME here. I know not everyone has time to come every day and put in efforts, but if they cannot do an honest day's work are not welcome here. That is for sure and I cannot speak for others but I am confident that most including other moderators agree with me.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: AKP, RAMAKRISHNAN. A, suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.