Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This term vegetarian is a misnomer, it shd be vegetarian only because even meat eaters eat vegetables . You don't eat only meat when you are a non vegetarian. Vegans find it even more tough when they are traveling to other countries..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True, vegans are left with not many choices since they do not consume even dairy products. But there are very few vegans in India or anywhere in the world.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

usha manohar wrote:

Fish is seafood, not meat so you can be called fisheatarian   not non vegetarian..mostpeople living on the coast eat fish almost daily along with vegetables

Fish may be not non veg for people of coastal are but for us fish is non veg.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Fish is seafood, not meat so you can be called fisheatarian   not non vegetarian..mostpeople living on the coast eat fish almost daily along with vegetables

Fish may be not non veg for people of coastal are but for us fish is non veg.

You are right but you are a north Indian so you will not know the fact that people living near seashores consider fish as natural food. 

suni51 wrote:

Even I had no problem despite being a vegetarian anywhere but in China. I could not find a single thing there which I could trust apart from fruits, bread and butter. 

I can understand your predicament. While in China, I'm sure you are afraid of Frog Fry and snake soup. Jokes apart, eating fruits, bread and butter is not bad. They keep you going on.

I feel that this obsession with food robbs one of the joys of travel. Instead of worrying abt food all the time, if one is ready to eat what is available with an open mind, travel can be a great experience. MoztIndians start off about their travel experience...Europe or whatever place they visited was so beautiful, but the food....

They never try nor are they willing to try !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I did not travel to China for site-seeing but official trips so I was supposed to eat what was offered to me by my hosts. Most of the time I told them I was on fasting although I have never kept a fast in my life apart from Karva Chouth (in sympathy with my wife- why should wives have all the fun). 

I am a non vegetarian and during my visit to China was offered snakes and scorpions as delicacies. It was very difficult to convince them that these are not edible by me. But range of sea food is awesome which @ Usha will enjoy if she goes to China.

Chinese can eat just about anything..in fact,we lived in Hong Kong for 2 years and travelled through China while we were there..my youngest daughter was born there and one of our Chinese neighbor came with a huge terracotta bowl filled with a concoction made with several roots, legs of animals and birds and several other ingredients that had an awful smell, supposed to be good for ladies,after child birth. It was extremely sweet of them and I did take a spoonful with difficulty just so that he was not offended, the rest I had to unfortunately throw away, however I kept the beautifully crafted bowl as a souvenir..

Chinese can eat just about anything..in fact,we lived in Hong Kong for 2 years and travelled through China while we were there..my youngest daughter was born there and one of our Chinese neighbor came with a huge terracotta bowl filled with a concoction made with several roots, legs of animals and birds and several other ingredients that had an awful smell, supposed to be good for ladies,after child birth. It was extremely sweet of them and I did take a spoonful with difficulty just so that he was not offended, the rest I had to unfortunately throw away, however I kept the beautifully crafted bowl as a souvenir..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.