Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Great to know that you have first hand experience of Hong Kong which has a large variety of foods to offer and elegant dining places too.

True, we were there after the British handed over  and the period before China actually took over ..Hong Kong then was a multi cultural society that had a lot to offer.. Lots of Indians bought houses and apartments at that period since property prices had come down and later sold it for huge profits. Food of course was in great variety , catering to all kinds of taste and budget ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

Great to know that you have first hand experience of Hong Kong which has a large variety of foods to offer and elegant dining places too.

True, we were there after the British handed over  and the period before China actually took over ..Hong Kong then was a multi cultural society that had a lot to offer.. Lots of Indians bought houses and apartments at that period since property prices had come down and later sold it for huge profits. Food of course was in great variety , catering to all kinds of taste and budget ..

as you said you visited HONG KONG.. do you have any problem in conversation with local people..

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

as you said you visited HONG KONG.. do you have any problem in conversation with local people..

Majority of the people are Chinese but English is spoken widely and it is not at all a problem to get on there since there are people from all over the world and many Indians living there for generations ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes English was not a problem in HK but was a big problem in China.

Chinese and even Japanese refuse to speak in English even if they know it ..They will write directions down in English for you but speak in their language..

The practice of sticking to mother tongue is also prevalent in Germany. Rourkela Steel plant was built with German collaboration. I never heard them speaking an any other language except German.

everyone feel proud and comfortable to speak in their own mother tongue, and so do they, i guess. 

bhuyali saroj

If one wants to speak only in their native language they might as well sit at home because when you go to another state within your own country or go abroad you need to speak in some neutral language that is understood by others. You cannot expect others to learn your language ..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

One can always hire services of translators. At this rate how many languages the PM will be required to know. Now multi language translations are available in apps also So one need not sit at home. Centuries earlierChinese travellers visited India knowing only Chinese.

My experience says, whichever State I visit in India, i never faced any communication problems. I either speak in English,  or Hindi. If both fail, I use signs and gestures. I don't know about foreign Countries as I never visited any foreign Countries.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.