Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Travel for most Indians start off with Twitter posts and FB status from what I see my own facebook friends do giving a minute minute detail of their activities starting with their ride to the International airport ..

Tweet 1 "Driving to the airport... Yayyy"

Tweet 2 "T2 is glitzy" with a selfie smoozing the world.

FB Update: "Eager Beaver is travelling to 'some goddam place' with Mrs. Beaver from Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai, India"

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Travel for most Indians start off with Twitter posts and FB status from what I see my own facebook friends do giving a minute minute detail of their activities starting with their ride to the International airport ..

FB Update: "Eager Beaver is travelling to 'some goddam place' with Mrs. Beaver from Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai, India"

LOL :) I see such posts from my friends too regularly! So and so is traveling from somewhere to somewhere, with so and so. Also increasing is the trend of so and so checked in into some five star hotel or a trendy restaurant celebrating something and then following up by posting pictures of a few dishes and drinks!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes Kalyani, some people g to ridiculous length to showcase their holiday activities..And the selfie craze is something else. I remember an incident that happened once here, where a group of tourists wanted t take a selfie with a selfie stick which by accident touched a street light which toppled over and the group ran for their life leaving the mess behind but without a selfie...Honestly people do go to idiotic lengths at times not even caring for their own lives or about their surroundings !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Selfie has claimed many lives. The youngsters say it's an adventurous activity.. Recently, I watched on TV an  Incident that took place in Araku Valley in AP. Two friends while walking on a dangerous Ghat Road, while trying  to take a Selfie fell in the deep valley and lost their lives.

Misuse of a technological tool does not devalue it. People learn overa period of time.  

Of course one has to be responsible while using any gadget or else face dire consequences. People tend to g overboard when they come across something new . Last summer one group of five youngsters climbed a tree branch  to take a selfie , close to edge of waterfall in Kodaikanal with a steep drop , and which anyone could see was unable to hold their combined weight . The branch collapsed and even as everyone including us watched unable to anything at all ! They were swept away and except one , rest of them died. It is such a waste of precious life !

Taking Selfies  has become a regular affair everywhere.. I was watching a Telugu channel today. The event  that was covered was, CM of AP and the Governor were on a visit to the newly built Amaravati. While News Reporters were requesting to take a Selfie with the dignitaries, the Security personnel and the Governor both refused.  This Selfie menace which is now termed as " Suicide Gadget ',  should be checked. Many parents are lamenting now, after their Children lost their lives due to Selfies.

Excessive use of any thing will cause harm.

rambabu wrote:

Taking Selfies  has become a regular affair everywhere.. I was watching a Telugu channel today. The event  that was covered was, CM of AP and the Governor were on a visit to the newly built Amaravati. While News Reporters were requesting to take a Selfie with the dignitaries, the Security personnel and the Governor both refused.  This Selfie menace which is now termed as " Suicide Gadget ',  should be checked. Many parents are lamenting now, after their Children lost their lives due to Selfies.

Excessive use of any thing will cause harm.

it is because people now a day wants to take selfies on the dangerous platform so that they can post in instagram or fb or twitter. 

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:

Some of my former juniors which have reached to higher posts in different telecommunication companies keep giving their status about where they ate, how hot was the food, which hotel they stayed and what train/plane they will take next. (selfies @tons) even a photo of what dish the had is there to prove their claim. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Some of my former juniors which have reached to higher posts in different telecommunication companies keep giving their status about where they ate, how hot was the food, which hotel they stayed and what train/plane they will take next. (selfies @tons) even a photo of what dish the had is there to prove their claim. 

Majority of the people are now using the social networking platforms to shout to the world that they have arrived in life! They feel that unless and until they declare their routine over to the world, others won't know that they are successful LOL!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.