The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now Bollywood is giving us so many good films and which are going to compete in international market.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Expected!! I loved the movie and so did many. It has excellent reviews as of now. Let us keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. :)

Do you think it is worth to expect winning Oscar award? :blink:

I don't think so people don't like Indian movies.Moreover I feel they are bit partial to Hollywood and films from other countries. :evil:

May not but the selection for the entry is very good according to me.

I feel " Vicky donor" is also a good movie but I am not sure is it better than Barfi as I have not seen it. :)

Vicky donor was fun to watch but Barfi has a whole lot of emotions in it. So it was selected.

Live in the present :)
Expected!! I loved the movie and so did many. It has excellent reviews as of now. Let us keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. :)

I don't think so people don't like Indian movies.Moreover I feel they are bit partial to Hollywood and films from other countries. :evil:

It depends on how many people view that movie.
Since most members of Oscar panel are Europeans, Indian films get less opportunity to win it

Meera sandhu

Since most members of Oscar panel are Europeans, Indian films get less opportunity to win it

Hope they will not understand the Indian language and give the oscar.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Well its not like that, the jury is from all different fields and also it has just been nominated from india. There is still a time to make it to top five or ten.. lets see how it goes.. There are many different masterpieces waiting from different languages to be selected... :) :).. Lets wish luck to barfi team..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Well its not like that, the jury is from all different fields and also it has just been nominated from india. There is still a time to make it to top five or ten.. lets see how it goes.. There are many different masterpieces waiting from different languages to be selected... :) :).. Lets wish luck to barfi team..

When a Malayalam movie was nominated to Oscars last year, I read an article in a newspaper. It's not at all easy yaar. :(
I think, more than 1000 people are there who can cast their vote to select a film. So, it was not possible for a Malayalam producer to give film CD to all the members of the committee. So, the most sad thing about foreign film category is that, though the film is extra ordinary, majority of members may not have viewed it. Some Indians also do have votes......but only a few. That's not sufficient enough.

Now also I remember, Mother India lost Oscar by just 1 vote :(

Meera sandhu
Barfi will get success.They all acted very well in the movie.And I also love the songs.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Barfi will get success.They all acted very well in the movie.And I also love the songs.

Well lets see that... let the time come.. Although i didn't think pan singh tomar was less than that , no doubt a very serius issue but irfan khan rocked...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Well lets see that... let the time come.. Although i didn't think pan singh tomar was less than that , no doubt a very serius issue but irfan khan rocked...

A very fine actor must say!
Our movies got near to the win just two times. Mother India and Lagan were the only two movies that got nearer to the Oscars. :dry:

Live in the present :)
Hats off to Ranbir Kapoor and other castes of the movie. This is amazing news. I wish "Barfi" to win Oscar next year.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.