The topic is locked.
What fits best to describe this epitome of versatility?
When Sandhya has posed a question in her recent thread. ‘ Who is the best actor?’, many members quoted the names of the living members including me. Had she asked,’ who is the best all time versatile actor, I would say, Kishore Kumar Ganguly.
He’s neither queer, crazy nor eccentric. He’s a genius.
Members are reuested to post their favourite songs sung by Kishore.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9198]}
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
He may score 10 marks less out of 100, if I compare him with Rafi. If Rafi is 100, Kishore is 90. That 10 extra scored is for his classical knowledge...
Two great genius of Indian music industry - Kishore Kumar and S.P.Balasubramaniyan, though didn't have a classical training, they overcame their limitations through their own ways......both are just extra ordinary.
Though most funny songs are sung by Kishoreda, most heart touching philosophical songs belong to no one else.....
All songs of Aradhna are very close to my heart....so special.....movie as a whole.
Aanewala pal, dilbur mere, oh sathi re, pal pal dil ke, oh mere dil ke chein.... songs are many...songs of katti patang and amar prem
I will add one after another.....
Aanewala pal is so special to me and oh sathi re wets my eyes..... both are very special.....

Rajesh khanna+Burman+Kishore...simply the best....
Though Aradhana belongs to S.D, R..D completed its music and gave opportunity to Kishore bringing a hidden star to lime light

Meera sandhu
According to many reports he was all of that at times, quite crazy,queer and also an eccentric and that's why he was called a genius. Lata Mangeshkar used to call him one man Industry since he did everything like singing, composing,directing,producing,acting. He cam to lime light with Dev Anand giving him the big breaks in the 5os..Initially he sang for Ashok Kumar in movies like Khafila where he did make an impact with his voice sounding more like Saigal..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

He may score 10 marks less out of 100, if I compare him with Rafi. If Rafi is 100, Kishore is 90. That 10 extra scored is for his classical knowledge...
Two great genius of Indian music industry - Kishore Kumar and S.P.Balasubramaniyan, though didn't have a classical training, they overcame their limitations through their own ways......both are just extra ordinary.
Though most funny songs are sung by Kishoreda, most heart touching philosophical songs belong to no one else.....
All songs of Aradhna are very close to my heart....so special.....movie as a whole.
Aanewala pal, dilbur mere, oh sathi re, pal pal dil ke, oh mere dil ke chein.... songs are many...songs of katti patang and amar prem
Aanewala pal is so special to me and oh sathi re wets my eyes..... both are very special.....

Though Aradhana belongs to S.D, R..D completed its music and gave opportunity to Kishore bringing a hidden star to lime light

That's a wrong impression people have about Kishore. His mentor Anil Bswas was the first to have discovered the mettle in Kishore years before SD. His adaptability to any genre of music is amazing. And a stalwart like SD never felt the lack of classical knowledge in Kishore.
Hear 'Man Mora Baawra' from film Ragini, music scored by inimitable O.P. Nayyar.
According to many reports he was all of that at times, quite crazy,queer and also an eccentric and that's why he was called a genius. Lata Mangeshkar used to call him one man Industry since he did everything like singing, composing,directing,producing,acting. He cam to lime light with Dev Anand giving him the big breaks in the 5os..Initially he sang for Ashok Kumar in movies like Khafila where he did make an impact with his voice sounding more like Saigal..

True Earlier Kishore used to sing only for Dev.
"Dukhi Man mere, Suno Mera Kahna
Jahan nahin chaina, Wahan Nahin Rahna" was the heart rending song from Fantoosh.

That's a wrong impression people have about Kishore. His mentor Anil Bswas was the first to have discovered the mettle in Kishore years before SD. His adaptability to any genre of music is amazing. And a stalwart like SD never felt the lack of classical knowledge in Kishore.
Hear 'Man Mora Baawra' from film Ragini, music scored by inimitable O.P. Nayyar.

Man mora bawra though picturised on Kishore kumar since he acted in that film was sung by Mohammad Rafi...In fact Rafi has sung many songs for Kishore kumar..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think at first he concentrated most on acting though he came to Mumbai for singing, with his distinct singing styles.
Years have made a lot of improvements in his voice and music directors gave the best songs during 70's. Earlier, most hit songs went to Rafi. That's why his talent was not noticed earlier, also lack of classical knowledge.
But through his talent he broke the myth that playback singers need classical base

Meera sandhu
To my mind comes his song in Padosan- Mere samane vali khidaki men ek chand ka tukda rahata hai.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Man mora bawra though picturised on Kishore kumar since he acted in that film was sung by Mohammad Rafi...In fact Rafi has sung many songs for Kishore kumar..

I doubt if it's for movie Ragini that Rafi sung a classical song for Kishore :whistle:

Every singer has distinct finger prints in the industry....so, we can't compare any talent with another one. also if there is no variety voices, we will get bored soon.....
Mukesh, kishore and Rafi......then one more name Mahendra kapoor, though his voice matches Rafi.....are are just genius

But what makes Kishore different is his role as an actor, singer, lyricist, director, producer, comedian, music director :woohoo: :woohoo:
What else is needed...he is even willing to do the role of a heroine :cheer: :cheer:

Meera sandhu
To my mind comes his song in Padosan- Mere samane vali khidaki men ek chand ka tukda rahata hai.

let me add my favourite...
Kehna hai, kehna hai.....it's really an amazing number....

Meera sandhu

I doubt if it's for movie Ragini that Rafi sung a classical song for Kishore :whistle:

Every singer has distinct finger prints in the industry....so, we can't compare any talent with another one. also if there is no variety voices, we will get bored soon.....
Mukesh, kishore and Rafi......then one more name Mahendra kapoor, though his voices Rafi.....are are just genius

But what makes Kishore different is his role as an actor, singer, lyricist, director, producer, comedian, music director :woohoo: :woohoo:
What else is needed...he is even willing to do the role of a heroine :cheer: :cheer:

We should never compare any of the old singers since they were all unique and special in their own way...as for the song from Ragini , you can see it for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br9Xra3TbUA

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.