The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Among old singers, Rafi, Kishore and Yesudas are my favorites. I would like to add two more names, Jayachandran and SP.

Meera sandhu
He may score 10 marks less out of 100, if I compare him with Rafi. If Rafi is 100, Kishore is 90. That 10 extra scored is for his classical knowledge...
Two great genius of Indian music industry - Kishore Kumar and S.P.Balasubramaniyan, though didn't have a classical training, they overcame their limitations through their own ways......both are just extra ordinary.
Though most funny songs are sung by Kishoreda, most heart touching philosophical songs belong to no one else.....
All songs of Aradhna are very close to my heart....so special.....movie as a whole.
Aanewala pal, dilbur mere, oh sathi re, pal pal dil ke, oh mere dil ke chein.... songs are many...songs of katti patang and amar prem
I will add one after another.....
Aanewala pal is so special to me and oh sathi re wets my eyes..... both are very special.....

Rajesh khanna+Burman+Kishore...simply the best....
Though Aradhana belongs to S.D, R..D completed its music and gave opportunity to Kishore bringing a hidden star to lime light

That's a wrong impression people have about Kishore. His mentor Anil Bswas was the first to have discovered the mettle in Kishore years before SD. His adaptability to any genre of music is amazing. And a stalwart like SD never felt the lack of classical knowledge in Kishore.
Hear 'Man Mora Baawra' from film Ragini, music scored by inimitable O.P. Nayyar.

Man mora bawra though picturised on Kishore kumar since he acted in that film was sung by Mohammad Rafi...In fact Rafi has sung many songs for Kishore kumar..

True. That was a slip. Thank you for correcting me
To my mind comes his song in Padosan- Mere samane vali khidaki men ek chand ka tukda rahata hai.

Incidentally i was readying a thread on Mehmood with the song, Ik Chatura naar Badi hoshiyar.. (Manna De)
Yes, Very name of Padosan brings the song " Mere samane vali khidaki men ek chand ka tukda rahata hai" to memory
I like humor. Hence, the songs by Kishor Kumar usually are my favorite. Funny songs is basic quality of Kishore's songs. Writing all songs by Kishor doesnot appear very appropriate,

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I like humor. Hence, the songs by Kishor Kumar usually are my favorite. Funny songs is basic quality of Kishore's songs. Writing all songs by Kishor doesnot appear very appropriate,

Remember "Dukhi Man mere" from Funtoosh and " Koi Humdum Na Raha, from Door Gagan ki Chaon mein? They are non- humorous, still great hits. Both are two shining examples of his versatility.
I said that Kishore Kumar was the best among all the actors of Bollywood.He had all the qualities of an actor.As well as he was a good singer comedian.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I said that Kishore Kumar was the best among all the actors of Bollywood.He had all the qualities of an actor.As well as he was a good singer comedian.

I uphold your views

Remember "Dukhi Man mere" from Funtoosh and " Koi Humdum Na Raha, from Door Gagan ki Chaon mein? They are non- humorous, still great hits. Both are two shining examples of his versatility.

that's why I told earlier, no one can handle philosophical songs as flexible as Kishore :)
they are really heart touching....almost all songs with the word, zindagi

what about chingari and kuch tho log kehenge?

Meera sandhu

that's why I told earlier, no one can handle philosophical songs as flexible as Kishore :)
they are really heart touching....almost all songs with the word, zindagi

what about chingari and kuch tho log kehenge?

Yes, they are 2 more serious and untypical of Kishore. He handled any stuff with aplomb.
Yodeling was Kishore kumar,s speciality and no one could do it like he did...The first song where he yodeled was directed by composer Roshan for the film Mashooqa ( 1953) , a duet Yeh sama hum tum jawan...sung with Meena Kapoor , who was also Anil Biswas's wife.It is considered to this day as one of the best duets that Kishore sang in his career...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLHsR_v79S0

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.