Johnny Walker (11 November 1926 – 29 July 2003) got his screen name from the famous actor/director Guru Dutt who was impressed by his acting as a drunk. He was born as Badruddin Jamaluddin Kazi in Indore, India, the son of a mill worker and acted in more than 300 movies. No other comedian other than Johny walker had the opportunity of singing on screen , some of the most popular songs specially written for him and sung by none other than Mohammad Rafi...Incidentally Johny walker was a teetotaler..
He also had a unique style of his own which was loved by all film goers of that genre...He could easily be called one of the greats of the Hindi film industry.

A few of those golden oldies picturised on Johny walker and sung by Rafi that come to my mind are ..
Yeh dil hai mushkil jeena yahan ( CID)
Gareeb Jaan ke hum ko na tum ( Choo mantar)
Jangal mein mor naacha kisine na dekha ( Madhumati)
Mein mein mein Cartoon ( Mr Cartoon MA)
Mein bambai ka baabu naam mera anajana ( Naya Daur)
Sar jo tera chakar aaye ya dil dhooba jaye ( Pyaasa)
Muhobbat karlo jee barlo ( aaar paar)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9287]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Johnny Walker (11 November 1926 – 29 July 2003) got his screen name from the famous actor/director Guru Dutt who was impressed by his acting as a drunk. He was born as Badruddin Jamaluddin Kazi in Indore, India, the son of a mill worker and acted in more than 300 movies. No other comedian other than Johny walker had the opportunity of singing on screen , some of the most popular songs specially written for him and sung by none other than Mohammad Rafi...Incidentally Johny walker was a teetotaler..
He also had a unique style of his own which was loved by all film goers of that genre...He could easily be called one of the greats of the Hindi film industry.

A few of those golden oldies picturised on Johny walker and sung by Rafi that come to my mind are ..

A great thread that took me down the memory lane. Johnny walker and Md. Rafi created an atmosphere at one time that they were made for each other. Many movies would have been doomed but for the presence of Johnny.

A great thread that took me down the memory lane. Johnny walker and Md. Rafi created an atmosphere at one time that they were made for each other. Many movies would have been doomed but for the presence of Johnny.

I forgot to add one of the greatest hits of that time . "Laal Laal Gaal, Jaane Kahe Babu." ( Don't remember the film). And "Sambhal Ke Yeh Duniya Haii, Nazar Hoshiyaaron Ka." from Sitaaron Se Aagey."
Surely he was a great comedian. I have seen many films of him.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Yes Johny Walker was the best comedian ever had.

His one of the song "tel maalish" was the best and still remembered. I think Chachi 420 was his last film in which he showed his talent. :)

Johny Walker is one of the great comedians our country have ever seen. He is my favourite comedian too. He is a comedian who is incomparable.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

His one of the song "tel maalish" was the best and still remembered. I think Chachi 420 was his last film in which he showed his talent. :)

And the beauty is we feel as if Johnny walker himself was singing

I have a collection of the most loved comedian 'John Walker'. When I get leisure times, I love watching those collections.

I have a collection of the most loved comedian 'John Walker'. When I get leisure times, I love watching those collections.

I don't have a collection. But all his movies are in the deep core of my heart including his dialogues.

I forgot to add one of the greatest hits of that time . "Laal Laal Gaal, Jaane Kahe Babu." ( Don't remember the film). And "Sambhal Ke Yeh Duniya Haii, Nazar Hoshiyaaron Ka." from Sitaaron Se Aagey."

I agree that many films ran because of Johny walker and Laal laal gaal was from the film Mr X, there was another great song of his in Mr and Mrs 55 ' Janekahan mera jigar gaya ji....he really was a true entertainer...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree that many films ran because of Johny walker and Laal laal gaal was from the film Mr X, there was another great song of his in Mr and Mrs 55 ' Janekahan mera jigar gaya ji....he really was a true entertainer...

I do think no one can replace Johny Walker who is the most loved comedian. He was a true entertainer who rocked in the industry.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.