Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A true comedian indeed. A legend! :cheer:

yes, he is the best comedian of 50's and a true legend. that's the reason his songs are popular now also

Meera sandhu
Yes Johny Walker was the best comedian ever had.

His one of the song "tel maalish" was the best and still remembered. I think Chachi 420 was his last film in which he showed his talent. :)

Yes Sar jo tera cakraaye..tel malish from payaasa was one of his best known songs....He has acted in almost all films of Gurudutt and his best performance came in Kagaz ke phool where he acted as the westernized brother in law who was really amusing in the way he spoke anglicised hindi... :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

His wife's name is Noor, Shakila's sister...

They acted together in a couple of films and a very famous Rafi-Getta dutt duet ' Dekh idhar yeh haseena was picturised on the two for the film 12'o clock...

And her line was, "Main hoon Madam Mareena...."

They acted together in a couple of films and a very famous Rafi-Getta dutt duet ' Dekh idhar yeh haseena was picturised on the two for the film 12'o clock...

Oh yes Main hoon madame marina, sun re pat pat patina...lol , there was another equally good song from Aar paar picturised on the couple 'Arre nana nana tauba tauba, mein na pyar karoongi...( Rafi and Geeta dutt again)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Oh yes Main hoon madame marina, sun re pat pat patina...lol , there was another equally good song from Aar paar picturised on the couple 'Arre nana nana tauba tauba, mein na pyar karoongi...( Rafi and Geeta dutt again)

Usha, you are an encyclopedia on cine music hats off. I too am a music buff

Yes I too love old music and have a huge collection of old songs, may be more than 5000 songs from the 50's onwards... :) anybody want any songs please do ask,will gladly post it to you since I have some rare songs which I are not easily available, which I have recorded from the radion ceylon and vividh bharati..

Yes I too love old music and have a huge collection of old songs, may be more than 5000 songs from the 50's onwards... :) anybody want any songs please do ask,will gladly post it to you since I have some rare songs which I are not easily available, which I have recorded from the radion ceylon and vividh bharati..

Can you give me the first mukhda of " Afsaana Likh Rahin Hoon. Dtil -e- bakarari ka..." After this i would like to know more from you including some incidents in the life of the then famous cine luminaries. Thank yoiu.

Can you give me the first mukhda of " Afsaana Likh Rahin Hoon. Dtil -e- bakarari ka..." After this i would like to know more from you including some incidents in the life of the then famous cine luminaries. Thank yoiu.

Posting a link here which has the song and the lyrics as well, hope this comes in useful...

http://bollywoodtadka.com/2011/12/afsana-likh-rahi-hun-lyrics-from-dard-1947/

Posting a link here which has the song and the lyrics as well, hope this comes in useful...

http://bollywoodtadka.com/2011/12/afsana-likh-rahi-hun-lyrics-from-dard-1947/

Thank thank you all the way for the link and it served my purpose
Surely he was a great comedian. I have seen many films of him.

He carved a niche for himself in the realm of comedy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.