Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I never heard the name of this film maker. what are the movies he had taken.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Please go through my first post all the details are there....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Bimal Roy was one of the Greatest ever film Directors of Hindi Cinema. A socially committed director, his films had the power to inspire and move audiences.In most of his films we got to see the leading man as a romantic idealist to whom any form of exploitation - social, religious or economic was unacceptable.

Bimal Roy himself belonged to an Upper Caste , Well to do Zameendari Family of Bengal. He entered films as a Cameraman ,later he directed a few films in Bengali , finally migrating to Bombay,where he began his career by directing his first film Maa...went on to direct films like the much acclaimed land mark 'Do Bigah Zameen(1953)' which dealt with the subject of oppression of poor farmers by the rich Zamindars.This film established him as one of the leading and finest directors of Hindi cinema and the film received rave reviews.

He later made Parineeta ,Biraj Bahu, Devdas and then came up with a Stunner like Madhumati in 1958 which was one of his most successful films to date..followed films like Sujata, Yahudi,Bandini, Parakh all great classics...

Thank you for this thread on my favorite director Bimal Da. I know the stupendous success of Bimal Da from Maa onwards. The melodious strains of MannaDe and Lata's, 'Apni Kahaani chod de, Kuch to nishani chod de Mausam bhiga jai....." are ringing in my ears.

All films of Bimal Roy had excellent music and he favored either S.D.Burman or Salil Chaudhury to compose music for his films..even the songs from Sujata were all masterpieces esp the way Jalthe hai jiske liye was picturised...and of course Kaali ghta chaye mora, which is considered one of Asha Bhonsle's best songs ever.. :)

I'm not sure if you know that SD was not willing to give the song 'Jalte hain Jiske liye" to Talat. He was for Rafi. But Rafi was not available at that time. After seeing the success of the song SD himself revealed about his skeptic behavior towards Talat.

Yes of course I know about that :) , I somehow feel that Talat suits the song better than Rafi just as Toote hue qwabon mein from Madhumati is an out and out Rafi song..

Then its ok.. blood rushes to my head whenever the lyric flashes in my mind. " Hum Dhhoondte Hai Unko... Jo milke nahin milte..."
BTW, I want to write a thread On OP Nayyar's famous Tonga songs in a day or two. Any suggestions please

Can you believe it , on another musical forum I had started a similar thread 4 years ago lol, just go ahead and start the thread and I am sure many will contribute since there are so many of those songs... :)

Thank you. I'm working Cinema "Bhoot " songs too
Bimal Roy was one of the Greatest ever film Directors of Hindi Cinema. A socially committed director, his films had the power to inspire and move audiences.In most of his films we got to see the leading man as a romantic idealist to whom any form of exploitation - social, religious or economic was unacceptable.

Bimal Roy himself belonged to an Upper Caste , Well to do Zameendari Family of Bengal. He entered films as a Cameraman ,later he directed a few films in Bengali , finally migrating to Bombay,where he began his career by directing his first film Maa...went on to direct films like the much acclaimed land mark 'Do Bigah Zameen(1953)' which dealt with the subject of oppression of poor farmers by the rich Zamindars.This film established him as one of the leading and finest directors of Hindi cinema and the film received rave reviews.

He later made Parineeta ,Biraj Bahu, Devdas and then came up with a Stunner like Madhumati in 1958 which was one of his most successful films to date..followed films like Sujata, Yahudi,Bandini, Parakh all great classics...

Thank you for this thread on my favorite director Bimal Da. I know the stupendous success of Bimal Da from Maa onwards. The melodious strains of MannaDe and Lata's, 'Apni Kahaani chod de, Kuch to nishani chod de Mausam bhiga jai....." are ringing in my ears.

All films of Bimal Roy had excellent music and he favored either S.D.Burman or Salil Chaudhury to compose music for his films..even the songs from Sujata were all masterpieces esp the way Jalthe hai jiske liye was picturised...and of course Kaali ghta chaye mora, which is considered one of Asha Bhonsle's best songs ever.. :)

I'm not sure if you know that SD was not willing to give the song 'Jalte hain Jiske liye" to Talat. He was for Rafi. But Rafi was not available at that time. After seeing the success of the song SD himself revealed about his skeptic behavior towards Talat.

Yes of course I know about that :) , I somehow feel that Talat suits the song better than Rafi just as Toote hue qwabon mein from Madhumati is an out and out Rafi song..

Then its ok.. blood rushes to my head whenever the lyric flashes in my mind. " Hum Dhhoondte Hai Unko... Jo milke nahin milte..."
BTW, I want to write a thread On OP Nayyar's famous Tonga songs in a day or two. Any suggestions please

Can you believe it , on another musical forum I had started a similar thread 4 years ago lol, just go ahead and start the thread and I am sure many will contribute since there are so many of those songs... :)

That will be a great idea..Gumnaam hai koyi,badnam hai koyi... :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That will be a great idea..Gumnaam hai koyi,badnam hai koyi... :cheer:

He was awarded with many awards in his career. He won eleven Filmfare awards, two national film awards and the international prize of the Cannes Film Festival.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

sasi..please don't disrespect a great artist like this.

Meera sandhu

When we come to hear some great persons name (we don't know them actually), It is better for us to try to know about them. By typing their name in google search, we can know about them. Wikipedia gives all the details.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

When we come to hear some great persons name (we don't know them actually), It is better for us to try to know about them. By typing their name in google search, we can know about them. Wikipedia gives all the details.

also, if we don't know about them...just leave that thread without answering :)

Meera sandhu
I never heard about this great director nor saw the movies done by him. So it is new piece of information to my knowledge and thanks @Usha for sharing it

am really surprised by your answer Rajani :blink: :blink:

shall I send a few DVDs to you :P

Ya sure Sandhya if you can as I don't follow old movies but love the songs
I never heard about this great director nor saw the movies done by him. So it is new piece of information to my knowledge and thanks @Usha for sharing it

But if you like old songs you must have heard songs from Madhumati,Parakh etc which had very beautiful songs like Aaja re pardesi, Suhana safar aur yeh mausam haseen,Ghadi ghadi mera dil dhadke and in parakh one of the best songs of Lata O sajna barkha bahar aayi... :)

Actually I agree with you but the songs mesmerize me in such a way that I never look from which film it is. :P
I know these songs as they are all time favorite classics. :)
Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.