Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I never heard about this great director nor saw the movies done by him. So it is new piece of information to my knowledge and thanks @Usha for sharing it

But if you like old songs you must have heard songs from Madhumati,Parakh etc which had very beautiful songs like Aaja re pardesi, Suhana safar aur yeh mausam haseen,Ghadi ghadi mera dil dhadke and in parakh one of the best songs of Lata O sajna barkha bahar aayi... :)

Actually I agree with you but the songs mesmerize me in such a way that I never look from which film it is. :P
I know these songs as they are all time favorite classics. :)

I am the opposite , when I like a song I want to know every single detail possible, apart from the film and the composer even the actors on whom it is picturised, the year it was made etc etc...lol :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I never heard about this great director nor saw the movies done by him. So it is new piece of information to my knowledge and thanks @Usha for sharing it

But if you like old songs you must have heard songs from Madhumati,Parakh etc which had very beautiful songs like Aaja re pardesi, Suhana safar aur yeh mausam haseen,Ghadi ghadi mera dil dhadke and in parakh one of the best songs of Lata O sajna barkha bahar aayi... :)

Actually I agree with you but the songs mesmerize me in such a way that I never look from which film it is. :P

I am the opposite , when I like a song I want to know every single detail possible, apart from the film and the composer even the actors on whom it is picturised, the year it was made etc etc...lol :cheer:

Besides all the above, I used to gather some tid bits that happen on the sets.. Even the mistakes committed by seasoned Music directors while recording a song.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Bimal Roy was one of the Greatest ever film Directors of Hindi Cinema. A socially committed director, his films had the power to inspire and move audiences.In most of his films we got to see the leading man as a romantic idealist to whom any form of exploitation - social, religious or economic was unacceptable.

Bimal Roy himself belonged to an Upper Caste , Well to do Zameendari Family of Bengal. He entered films as a Cameraman ,later he directed a few films in Bengali , finally migrating to Bombay,where he began his career by directing his first film Maa...went on to direct films like the much acclaimed land mark 'Do Bigah Zameen(1953)' which dealt with the subject of oppression of poor farmers by the rich Zamindars.This film established him as one of the leading and finest directors of Hindi cinema and the film received rave reviews.

He later made Parineeta ,Biraj Bahu, Devdas and then came up with a Stunner like Madhumati in 1958 which was one of his most successful films to date..followed films like Sujata, Yahudi,Bandini, Parakh all great classics...

No doubt about it that he was one of the greatest film-makers that India has produced. In fact his works inspired a whole new generation of film-makers to make films based on realism.
Bimal Roy was one of the Greatest ever film Directors of Hindi Cinema. A socially committed director, his films had the power to inspire and move audiences.In most of his films we got to see the leading man as a romantic idealist to whom any form of exploitation - social, religious or economic was unacceptable.

Bimal Roy himself belonged to an Upper Caste , Well to do Zameendari Family of Bengal. He entered films as a Cameraman ,later he directed a few films in Bengali , finally migrating to Bombay,where he began his career by directing his first film Maa...went on to direct films like the much acclaimed land mark 'Do Bigah Zameen(1953)' which dealt with the subject of oppression of poor farmers by the rich Zamindars.This film established him as one of the leading and finest directors of Hindi cinema and the film received rave reviews.

He later made Parineeta ,Biraj Bahu, Devdas and then came up with a Stunner like Madhumati in 1958 which was one of his most successful films to date..followed films like Sujata, Yahudi,Bandini, Parakh all great classics...

No doubt about it that he was one of the greatest film-makers that India has produced. In fact his works inspired a whole new generation of film-makers to make films based on realism.

His own assistant Hrishikesh Mukherjee picked up the cue from his master and continued where Bimal da left.

His own assistant Hrishikesh Mukherjee picked up the cue from his master and continued where Bimal da left.

Hrishikesh Mukherjee is another of my favorite film makers starting from Anari with Raj Kapoor he has made so many fine movies and both these film makers never gave any mediocre films leave alone bad films...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Hrishikesh Mukherjee is another of my favorite film makers starting from Anari with Raj Kapoor he has made so many fine movies and both these film makers never gave any mediocre films leave alone bad films...

Mediocrity and Hrishikesh? No way. They are not made for each other

That is why you are having so much knowledge and good collection of all -time favorites. :)

Thats true, in fact I see a lot of resemblance in both the film makers apart from the fact that they worked together.The same kind of humorous elements coined into an everyday situation without being cheap like it happens in many of our films....Bimal Roy's Parivaar was humorous in its own way and Hrishikesh mukerji's Golmaal was a really funny...

Thats true, in fact I see a lot of resemblance in both the film makers apart from the fact that they worked together.The same kind of humorous elements coined into an everyday situation without being cheap like it happens in many of our films....Bimal Roy's Parivaar was humorous in its own way and Hrishikesh mukerji's Golmaal was a really funny...

Bimal Roy and Hrishikesh Mukherjee were directors par excellence. Roy especially showed the courage of picturising taboo subjects such as untouchability in his movie Sujata, something that no one had tried before. Beautiful movie!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Bimal Roy and Hrishikesh Mukherjee were directors par excellence. Roy especially showed the courage of picturising taboo subjects such as untouchability in his movie Sujata, something that no one had tried before. Beautiful movie!

Well before Sujata, A telugu picture with the theme of an untouchable girl was produced, Its name was "Mala Pilla', an untouchable girl, But before these two Achoot Kanya was produced by Himanshu Rai starring Ashok kumar and Devika Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.