Yama, the God of death is a popular character for Telugu cinema lovers.
Many films were made in Telugu with Yama as the protagonist. And all of them are humorous movies. The latest in the long list is "Yamudiki Mogudu", Husband of Yama.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9491]}
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Why he is called the god of death? Does he act as villain in all movies.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Why he is called the god of death? Does he act as villain in all movies.

Yama is god of death mostly seen as a bad character by the people. But in Telugu movies, he's depicted as a comedian
I think Historical movies are released in south mostly. So this type of characters are symbolized as per their work.

I think Historical movies are released in south mostly. So this type of characters are symbolized as per their work.

Its neither historical nor mythological. Just social movies.
In Malayalam there a movie, 'pappan preyapetta pappan'...story, somewhat similar to Juk Gaya Asmaan. It's really a funny movie
"A singer Pappan (Rahman) is killed but Yamaraj the Lord of Death (Thilakan) realizes that Pappan has a few more days to live. Yamarajan allows Pappan to enter into bodies of other dead people including that of Inspector Devdas (Mohanlal) in a bid to tell his girlfriend Sarina (Lizy) that Pappan is dead, and to look forward to someone else in life."
It's quoted from Wikipedia

Meera sandhu
In Malayalam there a movie, 'pappan preyapetta pappan'...story, somewhat similar to Juk Gaya Asmaan. It's really a funny movie
"A singer Pappan (Rahman) is killed but Yamaraj the Lord of Death (Thilakan) realizes that Pappan has a few more days to live. Yamarajan allows Pappan to enter into bodies of other dead people including that of Inspector Devdas (Mohanlal) in a bid to tell his girlfriend Sarina (Lizy) that Pappan is dead, and to look forward to someone else in life."

I think it is a comedy movie. In Bengali also there is a old movie like this.

There are many such comedy movies produced based on Yama as the central role in Telugu. They are all meant for fun. Nothing else.
Now I remember a movie released in 1991 (I think so) - Jnan Gandharvan ( I am Gandharv).
Sri Krishna of Mahabharat did the role of Gandharv in this movie. It's not a comedy movie, but a heart touching one. it gives another face of gandarva, how they are cursed and tortured in heaven.
He falls in love with suparna and didn't want to leave the earth (according to beliefs gandharvas are just opposite). But God finds him and gives the final warning to leave earth. he even escapes to see his lover, but was tortured a lot. at last, he leaves earth. She forgets him forever (it's also according to myths).
this movie hurts us a lot.
most hurting part is that the director of this movie died before the release of the movie due to a sudden heart attack. Am I superstitious?? :blink:
He was just 45 and was at the peak of his career. He left teh world like that Gandarvan. :dry: Padmarajan - M.T.Vasudevan combination has given a lot of memorable and award winning movies to Malayalam in 1980's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padmarajan
just read "Trivia" to know more about this movie and his sudden death

Meera sandhu
Many films were made in Telugu with Yama as the protagonist. And all of them are humorous movies. The latest in the long list is "Yamudiki Mogudu", Husband of Yama.

How can Yama have a husband? :dry: These days many films are being made in the name of comedy and entertainment where even the gods are not spared :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

How can Yama have a husband? :dry: These days many films are being made in the name of comedy and entertainment where even the gods are not spared :cheer:

Raising a controversy or violating set norms are treated as fashionable and in things now. Pity.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.