The topic is locked.
Madhubala has been one of my most favorite actress and I have watched most of her films and tend to forget all else when she comes on screen.
Madhubala was born on Februray 14th , Valentines day, but the irony was that she was never happy in love. She was intensely in love and involved with Dilip Kumar but circumstances and her father played the villain and they had to part. She married Kishore Kumar on the rebound but soon after was diagnosed with an incurable heart ailment.

Madhubala was incredibly beautiful and to this day there has never been an actress like her as far as magical and mesmerising beauty, grace and talent is concerned...Madhubala was and is the most loved actress of Hindi cinema.

Mahal made Madhubala a star. It is with this film that she was noticed for her looks and allure and she began to blossom into the most Beautiful Hindi actress ever on hindi screen. Later she went on to act in many films until her swan song Mughal a Azam.
Mughal E azam is the kind of Historical film that is made once in a life time..This Magnum Opus was released in 1960 after nearly 12 years in the making .Many people believe that the film became such a huge success mainly due to its heroine, the other worldly beauty of Madhubala , the venus of Hindi cinema.
Madubala died at the relatively young age of 36 due to the heart ailment, never to be forgotten...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10169]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's a new piece of information to me that she was born on Feb 14. World remembers her for her beauty than her acting talent. My favourite is of course, her role as Anarkali in Mughal-E-Azam. Happy birthday to you

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: usha manohar
It's a new piece of information to me that she was born on Feb 14. World remembers her for her beauty than her acting talent. My favourite is of course, her role as Anarkali in Mughal-E-Azam. Happy birthday to you

I think it was a question of her beauty overshadowing her talent - people forgot everything else when they watched her on screen, but when we see films like Mughal e azam, Kaala Paani , Taraana and Amar, we can see how talented she was...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I was going through wikipedia since I read this thread. It was so sad to read that her tomb was demolished in 2010 to make space for more tombs. It happens only in India!

Meera sandhu
I was going through wikipedia since I read this thread. It was so sad to read that her tomb was demolished in 2010 to make space for more tombs. It happens only in India!

I guess in our country there is a shortage of space for people in cities so why waste it on the dead? That seems to be the attitude , so how can we expect to see monuments and other historical sites maintained and given due importance...

I think it was a question of her beauty overshadowing her talent - people forgot everything else when they watched her on screen, but when we see films like Mughal e azam, Kaala Paani , Taraana and Amar, we can see how talented she was...

Her beauty and her histrionics are well balanced. Very few can match her histrionics or beauty. Who can forget her infectious smile in chalti ka naam gaadi or her heart-rending depiction of Anarkali, especially in the last scene of her last movie Mughal-E- Azam enchained in the prison?
I’m sure Ushaji you remember the song, “Muhabbat Ki Jhooti Kahani pe roye, Badi Chot khayee hai Jawwani Pe Roye”
Thank you Thank you Thank you for this post that sent me to nostalgia
Usha, thanks for reminding its Madhubala's birthday today!!! She was incredibly talented as well as impossibly beautiful, especially her million-dollar smile that lit up the hearts of everyone who watched her on the screen! I My favorite role of hers was in Of course, Mughal-e-Azam and Chalti ka Naam Gadi!

And I loved her a lot in the song "Aao Huzur Tumko Sitaro Mein Le Chalu!!" in Howrah Bridge! She looked terribly terribly awesome!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Madhubala the beautiful heroine of that time.I wish her Many Many Happy Birth Anniversary.she faced many difficulties in life.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Her beauty and her histrionics are well balanced. Very few can match her histrionics or beauty. Who can forget her infectious smile in chalti ka naam gaadi or her heart-rending depiction of Anarkali, especially in the last scene of her last movie Mughal-E- Azam enchained in the prison?
I’m sure Ushaji you remember the song, “Muhabbat Ki Jhooti Kahani pe roye, Badi Chot khayee hai Jawwani Pe Roye”

Yes Shri Rambabuji, I remember every single film and song of hers...She shone even in indifferent films that she took up in later years...She was great at comedy and could really carry it off like in Chalti ka naam ghadi, Jhumroo and half ticket..

Yes Shri Rambabuji, I remember every single film and song of hers...She shone even in indifferent films that she took up in later years...She was great at comedy and could really carry it off like in Chalti ka naam ghadi, Jhumroo and half ticket..

Usha, thanks for reminding its Madhubala's birthday today!!! She was incredibly talented as well as impossibly beautiful, especially her million-dollar smile that lit up the hearts of everyone who watched her on the screen! I My favorite role of hers was in Of course, Mughal-e-Azam and Chalti ka Naam Gadi!

And I loved her a lot in the song "Aao Huzur Tumko Sitaro Mein Le Chalu!!" in Howrah Bridge! She looked terribly terribly awesome!

Yes Kalyani, to this day there is no one like her. she was magical....I have watched the two films you have mentioned and also Howrah bridge a dozen times at least.... I think the song you mentioned is Aayiye meherbaan, baithiye Jaanejaan, from Howrah Bridge :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.