Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I was watching an old film which had this very sweet lorie Aaaja ri aa nindiya tu aa ( Do Bigha Zameen) and felt like starting a discussin on this subject !
The youngsters these days may not even be aware of this since it has all but vanished from the film scenes and the mothers too may not sing to their children since they dont have the time .
The films of the forties , fifties,sixties and seventies and probably the early eighties too had this very melodious and touching scene where the mother is singing to the child putting it to sleep and the composers came up with some of the most melodious tunes...
The earliest lorie was sung by Saigal Soja Rajkumari soja and later by Kurshid ' Yeh chand chup na jaana '
Later there were many lories sung by our celebrated singers,,
Some that come to my mind...
1, Soja mere raaj dulare - Asha ( Ustad, O.P.Nayyar)
2, Nanhi kali sone chali - Geeta Dutt ( Sujata , S.D.Burman)
3,Neend bhari lori gaye - Lata ( Char diwari, Salil Chaudhury)
4, Chanda loriya sunaye hawa - Lata ( Naya Sansar, Chitragupta)
5, Kehta hai pyar mera o mere ladle - Lata ( Santan , Dattaram
6, Halke halke aayi chalke aayi nindiya - Lata ( Apne paraye ,Bappi Lahiri)

It is right youngsters don't know and don't like these. Yesterday I was watch one old film Dhool Ka Phool, but I children don't like it. it is one of the best of film of that time. Add one more Lory in your memory
Main Jangu Tum so Jao, (Brahmchari)

Dhool ka phool had two lovely songs Tu hindu banega na musalman banega and Tu mere pyar ka phool hai ke...The Brahmachari song too is very touching, there were two versions of it !

My favorite Lori is 'Dheere se Aajare Akhiyan mein, Nindiya Aajare Aaja.' composed by maestro Chitalkar Ramchandra.

Of course how could I forget that lorie, one of the most famous ones...Incidentally that film ' Albela' has some beautiful songs like shola jo badke and sham dhale...

Lata and Chitalkar's shola jo badke still lingers in my mind. I think the movie was directed by Bhawwan?

Yes it was directed by Bhagwan also he acted in the film with Geeta Bali ....That reminds there was a very popular lorie picturised on Geeta Bali for the film Vachan ' Chandamama door ki ....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nanhi kali sone chali, hawa dhire aana was my favorite one while I tried to sleep my little angel, way back. Now I have to shout at the monster who does not want to sleep for any number of lories. :unsure: :( For him my shout works wonderfully well as he sleeps immediately. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nanhi kali sone chali, hawa dhire aana was my favorite one while I tried to sleep my little angel, way back. Now I have to shout at the monster who does not want to sleep for any number of lories. :unsure: :( For him my shout works wonderfully well as he sleeps immediately. :laugh:

That was one of my favourites too which even my children love,.......as for the modern day kids, they born with an agenda right from day one and are on a fast track :cheer: lol

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I was watching an old film which had this very sweet lorie Aaaja ri aa nindiya tu aa ( Do Bigha Zameen) and felt like starting a discussin on this subject !
The youngsters these days may not even be aware of this since it has all but vanished from the film scenes and the mothers too may not sing to their children since they dont have the time .
The films of the forties , fifties,sixties and seventies and probably the early eighties too had this very melodious and touching scene where the mother is singing to the child putting it to sleep and the composers came up with some of the most melodious tunes...
The earliest lorie was sung by Saigal Soja Rajkumari soja and later by Kurshid ' Yeh chand chup na jaana '

It is right youngsters don't know and don't like these. Yesterday I was watch one old film Dhool Ka Phool, but I children don't like it. it is one of the best of film of that time. Add one more Lory in your memory

Dhool ka phool had two lovely songs Tu hindu banega na musalman banega and Tu mere pyar ka phool hai ke...The Brahmachari song too is very touching, there were two versions of it !

My favorite Lori is 'Dheere se Aajare Akhiyan mein, Nindiya Aajare Aaja.' composed by maestro Chitalkar Ramchandra.

Of course how could I forget that lorie, one of the most famous ones...Incidentally that film ' Albela' has some beautiful songs like shola jo badke and sham dhale...

Lata and Chitalkar's shola jo badke still lingers in my mind. I think the movie was directed by Bhawwan?

Yes it was directed by Bhagwan also he acted in the film with Geeta Bali ....That reminds there was a very popular lorie picturised on Geeta Bali for the film Vachan ' Chandamama door ki ....

Ravi, was One of the best music directors of that time. 'Chandamama door ki...' was a memorable lori. This reminded me, though it was not a lori, 'Ek Paisa Dedey' by Ravi from the same film created waves during that time.
A couple of lories were sung by both male and female singers like for example Kehta hai pyar meta o mere ladle from Santan was sung by both Lata and Hemant Kumar and Aaj kal main dhal Gaya by Lata and Rafi for the film Beti Bête. .some were in duet forms like O Chandon ka Palna resham ki dori from the film Shabab ana Kal ke chand Aaj ki sapne from the film Nayee Rahen

A couple of lories were sung by both male and female singers like for example Kehta hai pyar meta o mere ladle from Santan was sung by both Lata and Hemant Kumar and Aaj kal main dhal Gaya by Lata and Rafi for the film Beti Bête. .some were in duet forms like O Chandon ka Palna resham ki dori from the film Shabab ana Kal ke chand Aaj ki sapne from the film Nayee Rahen

Santan number, 'Kehta hai Pyar Mere...' is still my favourite number. Hemant's rich baritone voice cannot be forgotten. Another famous lori came in to my mind,' Main Gaawoon To Soja...' from Do Aankhen Baarah Haath.' A vasant Desai composition.

Santan number, 'Kehta hai Pyar Mere...' is still my favourite number. Hemant's rich baritone voice cannot be forgotten. Another famous lori came in to my mind,' Main Gaawoon To Soja...' from Do Aankhen Baarah Haath.' A vasant Desai composition.

Yes I too like that song a lot,in fact all the songs from that film were good :) : probably Lata M has sung the maximum no of lories.....Asha too has sung some which are beautiful like Koya Koya chandaa Koya Koya taare

Dhool ka Phool have one song about women. I forgot it.

About women? I cannot remember any except a lorie which I already mentioned ...

About women? I cannot remember any except a lorie which I already mentioned ...

Aari Aaja Nindiya from Kunwara Baap can be added to the list
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.