The movie 'sholey' is unforgettable. There are many strange facts about this movie.

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/photos/what-you-didn-t-know-about-sholay-slideshow/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Really awesome facts..I think that If Danny Denzongpa played the role of Gabbar Singh in Sholay the movie would not have turned out to be a blockbuster. Amjad Khan is the one and only Gabbar Singh in Bollywood. I read in today's newspaper that the climax of Sholay was altered by the censor board. Ramesh Sippy wanted to kill Gabbar singh in the climax but the censor board objected to it and thus in the end Thakur leaves him to the law because being an ex-policeman, he should not take law into his own hands.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
Interesting ! One cannot imagine Sholay without Amjad Khan and his role as Gabbar Singh ! I have visited the spot where sholay was shot at Ramnagar near Bangalore, it is a very scenic place ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Interesting ! One cannot imagine Sholay without Amjad Khan and his role as Gabbar Singh ! I have visited the spot where sholay was shot at Ramnagar near Bangalore, it is a very scenic place ...

Many of the facts mentioned in the thread were reported in Filmfare during the making of Sholey. But the fact that Shatrughan Sinha was the first choice for the role of Jai was known to me now. On the whole it was a good collection of Facts pertaining to Sholey.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Interesting facts!!

I knew it that Dany was asked to do the role of Gabbar Singh before Amjad Khan but I believe Amjad khan did justice to the role. Even today also he is known as Gabbar Singh by many people they don't know his actual name. :woohoo:
The movie 'sholey' is unforgettable. There are many strange facts about this movie.

Some facts I know but some are new one for me. Thanks for sharing it. How many times you watch sholey

Many of the facts mentioned in the thread were reported in Filmfare during the making of Sholey. But the fact that Shatrughan Sinha was the first choice for the role of Jai was known to me now. On the whole it was a good collection of Facts pertaining to Sholey.

The romance between Jaya and Amitabh was beautifully shown , a real contrast to the Dhramendra and Hema malini one filled with a lot of flirtation and naughtiness , very cute to watch though!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sholay never stops entertaining people. The film's characters have been mimiced innumerable times. That's entertainment for sure. But I didn't know that Danny was asked to play Gabber first.

The romance between Jaya and Amitabh was beautifully shown , a real contrast to the Dhramendra and Hema malini one filled with a lot of flirtation and naughtiness , very cute to watch though!

One more fact that I read recently about 'Sholay Itihaas' was, the evergreen hit, "Mehbooba Mehbooba" was to be originally recorded by Asha Bhonsle. But it was finally recorded in the voice of Maestro R.D. Burman.

Some facts I know but some are new one for me. Thanks for sharing it. How many times you watch sholey

i do not remember how many times I watched sholey. I would have watched at least ten times.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

One more fact that I read recently about 'Sholay Itihaas' was, the evergreen hit, "Mehbooba Mehbooba" was to be originally recorded by Asha Bhonsle. But it was finally recorded in the voice of Maestro R.D. Burman.

I dint know about that, I feel that it is a male song and sounds better with RD singing it ! It is no doubt a very sensuous song but beautifully picturised adding on to the plot and the story line...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.