Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Interesting ! One cannot imagine Sholay without Amjad Khan and his role as Gabbar Singh ! I have visited the spot where sholay was shot at Ramnagar near Bangalore, it is a very scenic place ...

Many of the facts mentioned in the thread were reported in Filmfare during the making of Sholey. But the fact that Shatrughan Sinha was the first choice for the role of Jai was known to me now. On the whole it was a good collection of Facts pertaining to Sholey.

The romance between Jaya and Amitabh was beautifully shown , a real contrast to the Dhramendra and Hema malini one filled with a lot of flirtation and naughtiness , very cute to watch though!

One more fact that I read recently about 'Sholay Itihaas' was, the evergreen hit, "Mehbooba Mehbooba" was to be originally recorded by Asha Bhonsle. But it was finally recorded in the voice of Maestro R.D. Burman.

I dint know about that, I feel that it is a male song and sounds better with RD singing it ! It is no doubt a very sensuous song but beautifully picturised adding on to the plot and the story line...

This is definitely 'male song'. The female voice would sing- mehboob- mehboob- and not mehbooba- mehbooba

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Interesting ! One cannot imagine Sholay without Amjad Khan and his role as Gabbar Singh ! I have visited the spot where sholay was shot at Ramnagar near Bangalore, it is a very scenic place ...

Many of the facts mentioned in the thread were reported in Filmfare during the making of Sholey. But the fact that Shatrughan Sinha was the first choice for the role of Jai was known to me now. On the whole it was a good collection of Facts pertaining to Sholey.

The romance between Jaya and Amitabh was beautifully shown , a real contrast to the Dhramendra and Hema malini one filled with a lot of flirtation and naughtiness , very cute to watch though!

Yes, the subtle and beautiful romance between the two was beautifully portrayed by them both, I also read somewhere that Jaya was pregnant during its filming and her bump shows slightly during the scene at night when she is blowing of all the lamps one by one! I looked carefully but could never spot it! :blink: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Interesting facts !
I never read before this about it.

Sholey is really one of the wonderful film.

Be positive

One more fact that I read recently about 'Sholay Itihaas' was, the evergreen hit, "Mehbooba Mehbooba" was to be originally recorded by Asha Bhonsle. But it was finally recorded in the voice of Maestro R.D. Burman.

I dint know about that, I feel that it is a male song and sounds better with RD singing it ! It is no doubt a very sensuous song but beautifully picturised adding on to the plot and the story line...

This is definitely 'male song'. The female voice would sing- mehboob- mehboob- and not mehbooba- mehbooba

:laugh: :laugh: I can't stop myself laughing.......great observation, Sir...... :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: I can't stop myself laughing.......great observation, Sir...... :laugh: :laugh:

Ramesh Sippy has shifted the whole concept of filming the song from Helen to Jalal Agha. That's why it was 'Mehbooba... Mehbooba.
These are interesting facts! I would like to make an addition which I recently read in a newspaper. Ramesh Sippy had to change the climax scene of the film just a few days before the release. Read the link to find out why...

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-04-28/news-interviews/38862456_1_rameshsippy-censor-board-film-festival

Live in the present :)
These are interesting facts! I would like to make an addition which I recently read in a newspaper. Ramesh Sippy had to change the climax scene of the film just a few days before the release. Read the link to find out why...

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-04-28/news-interviews/38862456_1_rameshsippy-censor-board-film-festival

That's another unknown fact about Sholey. So many unknown facts about the Masterpiece. All are interesting.
Sholay never stops entertaining people. The film's characters have been mimiced innumerable times. That's entertainment for sure. But I didn't know that Danny was asked to play Gabber first.

Yes first choice of director was Danny but he was busy at that time in Kala Sona of Feroz Khan.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.