Joy Mukherji, although not known for his acting talents acted in some of the most popular entertainers in the sixties , sharing screen space with the top leading ladies like Sadhana, Asha Parekh, Saira Banu , Sharmila Tagore , Mala Sinha and Vyjayantimala among others...
He passed away last year at the age of 73. His wife now wants to release a film made by him in the seventies with Waheeda Rehman as the leading lady...

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/golden-era-of-music-never-went-away-says-joy-mukherjees-wife/1/284168.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Joy Mukherji, although not known for his acting talents acted in some of the most popular entertainers in the sixties , sharing screen space with the top leading ladies like Sadhana, Asha Parekh, Saira Banu , Sharmila Tagore , Mala Sinha and Vyjayantimala among others...
He passed away last year at the age of 73. His wife now wants to release a film made by him in the seventies with Waheeda Rehman as the leading lady...

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/golden-era-of-music-never-went-away-says-joy-mukherjees-wife/1/284168.html

Basilcally Joy was romantic hero and he son of Shashdhar Mukerji. His first film was Love in Shimal with Sadhna. I am not assured I thing Joy also direct Hamsaya. It is real tribute to this romantic hero to release his film.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Basilcally Joy was romantic hero and he son of Shashdhar Mukerji. His first film was Love in Shimal with Sadhna. I am not assured I thing Joy also direct Hamsaya. It is real tribute to this romantic hero to release his film.

Yes, Humsaaya was made by Joy Mukherji and a few other films as well in the seventies...Love in Bombay is one such film which is going to be released in July this year..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes he is not known for his acting skills but there are few songs which I like which were picturised on him like "Bade Miya deewane". with IS Johar. :)
Yes he is not known for his acting skills but there are few songs which I like which were picturised on him like "Bade Miya deewane". with IS Johar. :)

yes it is song of Shagird. Most film of Joy Mukerji films know for their hit music. Love in Tokeyo, Ek Musafir Ek Hasins, Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon and some more.

That song was from the film Shagird which was quite good....I personally liked his films with Asha Parekh and Saira Banu...Phir wohi dil laya hoon, Ziddi, Love in Tokyo, Aao pyar karen,Shagird and Saaz aur awaz...

That song was from the film Shagird which was quite good....I personally liked his films with Asha Parekh and Saira Banu...Phir wohi dil laya hoon, Ziddi, Love in Tokyo, Aao pyar karen,Shagird and Saaz aur awaz...

Shagird was quite an enjoyable movie, although he did not have much acting talents, his screen presence was quite good and charming. I have only seen a few movies but enjoyed them all!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Shagird was quite an enjoyable movie, although he did not have much acting talents, his screen presence was quite good and charming. I have only seen a few movies but enjoyed them all!

Very true, he was very charming, there was a film Ek Musafir ek haseena with Sadhana, which I have always liked a lot because of its unusual story and lovely songs by O.P Nayyar.thats another thing about Joy Mukherji, all his films had great fot tapping music..

Very true, he was very charming, there was a film Ek Musafir ek haseena with Sadhana, which I have always liked a lot because of its unusual story and lovely songs by O.P Nayyar.thats another thing about Joy Mukherji, all his films had great fot tapping music..

Yes, the music was always very good in his movies, no doubt because of which they attracted fans! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There are not many films of Joy Mukherjee that I could see. But I am impressed by whatever movies I saws including 'Shagird'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Though he lacks acting skills, none of his films were box office disasters because of the respective Music composers who worked for his films.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.