The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I remember her role in Mr. India. She is charming even at fifty.

Besides Mr. India, Sadma is a landmark movie that established her as a Star of Bollywood.

Birthday wishes to Actress Sridevi. Her acting in tamil movie Moondram Pirai was extraordinary. Believe that was dubbed as Sadma later and she got a National Award for that.

It was a remake. A great creation of Maestro Mani Ratnam.

A correction in the above statement, Moondram Pirai / Sadma was directed by Director Balu Mahendra.

Thank you for correcting me. I apologize for the mistake.
I think Sridevi with her child like acting (she started as a child artist and carried it on) had a better potential but somehow directors used her only as a child in almost all her movies. Even the best of her movies Sadama portrayed her as a child in a adult body. She was far more capable than what she did for all her career. Her last English Winglish is for your ready reference proof.

I say its a good observation. The role of Sridevi warrants for the portrayal of a woman whose brain is not developed. That's the reason for her earning accolades.
But it's the trend of many producers and directors to repeat a character that made the actor famous. That's the reason why Sridevi was seen as a childish actor in many of her films. And this is how an actor is being typed.
Great!!! I wached her english vinglish it was a great movie....heart touching.. :)
Great!!! I wached her english vinglish it was a great movie....heart touching.. :)

English Vinglish reminded me of that famous quotation of William Shakespeare on Cleopatra, " Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale" Sridevi is as fresh as ever.
From a child star to the “Heart throb of Millions", Sridevi has come a long way. Still her looks and extraordinary histrionic talents did not rust. Her recent “English Vinglish” was a smashing hit.
http://newindianexpress.com/entertainment/hindi/On-Sridevis-50th-birthday-counting-her-best-films/2013/08/13/article1732521.ece

She is number one heroin of her time, she is also best one actress. Sadma is best one film of Sri

Even today she is a great draw. Her recent "English Vinglish "is a proof.

Best one is always best one. I don't watch English Vinglish.

I have never really liked Sridevi as an actress, found her too childish and silly in almost all her hindi film roles ! The only two film I liked were Suhagan and Judai and now English Vinglish which was shown on TV today. She has given a good performance and film is really good...

Hahahah....Usha ji, I agree with you, she is too childish in her acting in major movies.

I guess she added the element of comedy in serious typical heroine acting. Mostly her hindi accent was also strange, she even now have the child like voice...

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I feel that her hindi accent is like a south Indian style, in English Vinglish, they must have shown her belonging to south indian family but they showed her as a maharastrian family

I dono how many of you must have noticed it

Swetha Shenoy
I feel that her hindi accent is like a south Indian style, in English Vinglish, they must have shown her belonging to south indian family but they showed her as a maharastrian family

I dono how many of you must have noticed it

I didn't notice it. What I feel is the lapse you said about her accent will be shadowed before her histrionics. The great Sophia Loren's Italian accent was shadowed by her performance par excellence.
From a child star to the “Heart throb of Millions", Sridevi has come a long way. Still her looks and extraordinary histrionic talents did not rust. Her recent “English Vinglish” was a smashing hit.
http://newindianexpress.com/entertainment/hindi/On-Sridevis-50th-birthday-counting-her-best-films/2013/08/13/article1732521.ece

She is number one heroin of her time, she is also best one actress. Sadma is best one film of Sri

I have never really liked Sridevi as an actress, found her too childish and silly in almost all her hindi film roles ! The only two film I liked were Suhagan and Judai and now English Vinglish which was shown on TV today. She has given a good performance and film is really good...

Hahahah....Usha ji, I agree with you, she is too childish in her acting in major movies.

I guess she added the element of comedy in serious typical heroine acting. Mostly her hindi accent was also strange, she even now have the child like voice...

Very true , her voice and speaking style can be very irritating , however the masses seemed to have liked her films esp the ones that she did with Jeetendra like Himmatwala, Tohfa etc which were at best 2nd grade crude entertainers...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true , her voice and speaking style can be very irritating , however the masses seemed to have liked her films esp the ones that she did with Jeetendra like Himmatwala, Tohfa etc which were at best 2nd grade crude entertainers...

She doesn't looked 50 , the way she performed her role in English Vinglish.. Loved her performance.. Hope she keep going like this..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

She doesn't looked 50 , the way she performed her role in English Vinglish.. Loved her performance.. Hope she keep going like this..

Her performance in English vinglish was lauded by all. Yes, she never looked like a 50 year old woman. Her recent performance in IIFA 2013 further confirmed that she's an evergreen actress.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.