Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I add "Aajare Pardesi Main To Kab se khadi Is Paar " from Madhumati.

Aayaga Aanewaala from Mahal

Both classics ! Not many were picturised on male actors although there are two that I can remember offhand 'Sau baar janam lenge from Ustadon ke ustad and Akela hoon mein humsafar dhoondtha hoon from Jaal....both in Rafi's voice and very hauntingly melodious !

Sau baar janam lenge is my favorite too!!! Also the one from Gumnam, 'Gumnam hai koi'....

Gumnaam was an excellent film loosely based on Agatha Christies And then there were none....
A few more songs that come to my mind..
Aaja re ,,,tujh bin piya udhas re - Poonam ki raat
Kho chuki hai sanam teri talash mein - teri talash mein
Tujhko pukare mera pyar - Neel Kamal

My All time classic is woh jab yaad aaye, parasmani....

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
From old haunted Hindi movies, my favourite is Gumnam, though it is not a haunted one, one of my favorite haunted movie is "Kohraa". In this re-imagining of Du Maurier's Rebecca, a recently wed woman discovers the ghost of her husband's first wife still haunts their home. Starring Biswajeet, Waheeda Rehman, Lalita Pawar This movie is based on famous English novel "Rebecca" .

The song "Jhoom Jhoom Dhalti Raat" of "Kohra" is my favourite among Bollywood haunted classics melodies.

I had forgotten this song , it is very beautiful although the movie Kohra did not completely match up to the standards achieved by Rebecca, it was still a good movie!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Both classics ! Not many were picturised on male actors although there are two that I can remember offhand 'Sau baar janam lenge from Ustadon ke ustad and Akela hoon mein humsafar dhoondtha hoon from Jaal....both in Rafi's voice and very hauntingly melodious !

Sau baar janam lenge is my favorite too!!! Also the one from Gumnam, 'Gumnam hai koi'....

Gumnaam was an excellent film loosely based on Agatha Christies And then there were none....

Tujhko pukare mera pyar and gumnam hain koyi are few of my all time favourite haunting songs. Another song with haunting theme which I enjoy listening is Bepanah pyar hain aaja from Krishna cottage. I however don't like that movie at all.

Tujhko pukare mera pyar and gumnam hain koyi are few of my all time favourite haunting songs. Another song with haunting theme which I enjoy listening is Bepanah pyar hain aaja from Krishna cottage. I however don't like that movie at all.

Was that the movie made in recent times, I recollect seeing that movie but don't remember the song!

Was that the movie made in recent times, I recollect seeing that movie but don't remember the song!

Its not very recent. I think it was made some 10 years ago. Its hero was Sohail Khan but I don't remember the heroine's name
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Its not very recent. I think it was made some 10 years ago. Its hero was Sohail Khan but I don't remember the heroine's name

I have seen the song on youtube and have it on audio, it is a very beautiful song picturised on Isha Koppikar....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLFfhRtxDBo

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have seen the song on youtube and have it on audio, it is a very beautiful song picturised on Isha Koppikar....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLFfhRtxDBo

Thanks for the link, yes the heroine was Isha Koppikar, the movie was really horrible but the song is great!

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Probably after the seventies this trend died down ... There was a film called Lekin dealing with a spirit made in the eighties by Gulzar and this had a nice haunting song Yaara sili sili.. picturised on Dimple Kapadia.
Another beautiful song sung by both Rafi and Lata is Akele hai chale aao kahan ho from the film Raaz , one of Rajesh Khannas first films...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I remember a very old song- Tumhe zindagi ke ujale mubarak andhere hamen aaj raas aa gaye hain.- Another song pictured on Dilip Kumar is- Guzare hain ham us mukam se nafarat si ho gayi hai mohabbat ke nam se. Still another from the movie 'aadami', again on Dilip Kumar- Na aadami ka koi bharosa na zindagi ka koi thikana dawea ke badle zahar dedo.'

Are they all haunting songs ? There is a song in Aadmi 'Aaj purani rahon mein... which has a haunting quality to it...

This song is not haunting songs. All songs which are listed here sung by soul but this song was sung by a live person.
I remember a very old song- Tumhe zindagi ke ujale mubarak andhere hamen aaj raas aa gaye hain.- Another song pictured on Dilip Kumar is- Guzare hain ham us mukam se nafarat si ho gayi hai mohabbat ke nam se. Still another from the movie 'aadami', again on Dilip Kumar- Na aadami ka koi bharosa na zindagi ka koi thikana dawea ke badle zahar dedo.'

Are they all haunting songs ? There is a song in Aadmi 'Aaj purani rahon mein... which has a haunting quality to it...

This song is not haunting songs. All songs which are listed here sung by soul but this song was sung by a live person.

Yes I have seen the film, Dilip kumar sings it on screen ..., what I said was that the song has a hauntiny quality to it....

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.