I hope u guys have seen reacently released movie madras cafe. I think it got banned in some states. Is LTTE really bad ? Or they are fighting for right cause ? And Rajeev Gandhi was really good as potrayed

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I havenot seen the movie but heard about its theme. LTTE is a liberation organization as its very name suggests. It is natural that Srilanka govt visualizes this organization as terrorist and treacherous. Rajiv Gandhi was murdered by this organization in a terrorist action by 'human bomb'.

Personally I believe that India should not have sent Indian army to fight the LTTE in Srilanka.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I havenot seen the movie but heard about its theme. LTTE is a liberation organization as its very name suggests. It is natural that Srilanka govt visualizes this organization as terrorist and treacherous. Rajiv Gandhi was murdered by this organization in a terrorist action by 'human bomb'.

Personally I believe that India should not have sent Indian army to fight the LTTE in Srilanka.

I agree. Interference in other country's affairs has shown the results for all of us to see.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Rajeev Gandhi was a pilot and corcumstances forcibly made hi take up politics that too take up the topmost post in the country. He was raw and was taken advantage of by all the senior congressmen who made hay when he was in power ....He may not have been a bad person and the manner in which he was killed shows tha he was naive and was not able to see how complicated feelings are among people when it comes to caste and regional issues .His biggest mistake was sending the troops to Srilanka and it also was the reason why he got killed...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
The decision to send forces to Srilanka was bad. But rajive Gandhi may not be wholly responsible for this decision. May be officers of external affairs ministry and the then foreign affairs minister and others could be also responsible for the decision.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes he wanted the peace to prevail but couln't give the tamilians their due confidence that they will survive.... I thought that movie might tried to show him more good than he is... But i think LTTE here indeed did wrong..

The decision to send forces to Srilanka was bad. But rajive Gandhi may not be wholly responsible for this decision. May be officers of external affairs ministry and the then foreign affairs minister and others could be also responsible for the decision.

Being the captain of the ship Rajiv is responsible for which he had to pay dearly.

Being the captain of the ship Rajiv is responsible for which he had to pay dearly.

Any reasons for which India was so wanted to be a part of it ? What exactly they were targetting ?

Any reasons for which India was so wanted to be a part of it ? What exactly they were targetting ?

LTTE was fighting for the Tamilian settlers in SriLanka..Instead of treating the issue as purely an internal affair of Srilanka, India intervened to settle the matter. This interference was not tolerated by the LTTE.

LTTE was fighting for the Tamilian settlers in SriLanka..Instead of treating the issue as purely an internal affair of Srilanka, India intervened to settle the matter. This interference was not tolerated by the LTTE.

Hmm, no one tolerates interference.... when it comes to their survival...

Hmm, no one tolerates interference.... when it comes to their survival...

I really cannot understand how he could have done it since it is like Kashmir issue...We would never have tolerated Pakistan sending army to help out the muslims living there.In fact while Rajeev Gandhi went to visit Srilanka he was hot on the back of his head by a naval soldier ( probably a LTTE supporter) , such strong was the hate and sentiments regarding what he had done...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.