Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The decision to send forces to Srilanka was bad. But rajive Gandhi may not be wholly responsible for this decision. May be officers of external affairs ministry and the then foreign affairs minister and others could be also responsible for the decision.

Being the captain of the ship Rajiv is responsible for which he had to pay dearly.

Any reasons for which India was so wanted to be a part of it ? What exactly they were targetting ?

LTTE was fighting for the Tamilian settlers in SriLanka..Instead of treating the issue as purely an internal affair of Srilanka, India intervened to settle the matter. This interference was not tolerated by the LTTE.

Hmm, no one tolerates interference.... when it comes to their survival...

I really cannot understand how he could have done it since it is like Kashmir issue...We would never have tolerated Pakistan sending army to help out the muslims living there.In fact while Rajeev Gandhi went to visit Srilanka he was hot on the back of his head by a naval soldier ( probably a LTTE supporter) , such strong was the hate and sentiments regarding what he had done...

My doubt is what exactly was the reason which drives him to poke his nose in their matter. What exactly was the political motiviation...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
The decision to send forces to Srilanka was bad. But rajive Gandhi may not be wholly responsible for this decision. May be officers of external affairs ministry and the then foreign affairs minister and others could be also responsible for the decision.

Being the captain of the ship Rajiv is responsible for which he had to pay dearly.

Any reasons for which India was so wanted to be a part of it ? What exactly they were targetting ?

LTTE was fighting for the Tamilian settlers in SriLanka..Instead of treating the issue as purely an internal affair of Srilanka, India intervened to settle the matter. This interference was not tolerated by the LTTE.

I really cannot understand how he could have done it since it is like Kashmir issue...We would never have tolerated Pakistan sending army to help out the muslims living there.In fact while Rajeev Gandhi went to visit Srilanka he was hot on the back of his head by a naval soldier ( probably a LTTE supporter) , such strong was the hate and sentiments regarding what he had done...

My doubt is what exactly was the reason which drives him to poke his nose in their matter. What exactly was the political motiviation...

I think he was trying to please Srilanka and trying to further foreign relations ...Karunanidhi was openly supporting the LTTE movement at that time and was against the whole thing.In fact most tamilians were sympathising wit the plight of tamils in srilanka. Rajeev Gandhi did not realise how strong that feeling was...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Even then, he failed to read the degree of hatred LTTE on India's intervention .He has gone ahead. And paid dearly.

Even then, he failed to read the degree of hatred LTTE on India's intervention .He has gone ahead. And paid dearly.

Exactly ! In fact when he went to Sripermabdhur he dint even have his usual body guards because he was finding it a nuisance not able to reach out to people...And of course the LTTE took advantage of such trust and got him killed...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I havenot seen the movie but heard about its theme. LTTE is a liberation organization as its very name suggests. It is natural that Srilanka govt visualizes this organization as terrorist and treacherous. Rajiv Gandhi was murdered by this organization in a terrorist action by 'human bomb'.

Personally I believe that India should not have sent Indian army to fight the LTTE in Srilanka.

Now it is history. No benefit is shaking butter milk. India also send army in East Pakistan now Bangladesh.
I havenot seen the movie but heard about its theme. LTTE is a liberation organization as its very name suggests. It is natural that Srilanka govt visualizes this organization as terrorist and treacherous. Rajiv Gandhi was murdered by this organization in a terrorist action by 'human bomb'.

Personally I believe that India should not have sent Indian army to fight the LTTE in Srilanka.

Now it is history. No benefit is shaking butter milk. India also send army in East Pakistan now Bangladesh.

Many such decisions were made by Indira Gandhi and bluestar operation was one such which resulted in her own death...Honestly you wonder what people see in Nehru/Gandhi family that they trust the nation in their hands...all that they have done is create unnecessary problems besides bringing doom over themselves...

Many such decisions were made by Indira Gandhi and bluestar operation was one such which resulted in her own death...Honestly you wonder what people see in Nehru/Gandhi family that they trust the nation in their hands...all that they have done is create unnecessary problems besides bringing doom over themselves...

Maybe we need a little more than just just stupid pointless wars to realise that the family cannot be trusted any longer!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, shadow
I hope u guys have seen reacently released movie madras cafe. I think it got banned in some states. Is LTTE really bad ? Or they are fighting for right cause ? And Rajeev Gandhi was really good as potrayed
I have not seen the movie, from electronic media heard about controversy, it seems a serious film. I prefer good comedy movie like recent Chennai Express in which Deepika had done exceptional roles, and it is a brilliant movie with nice treatment of humor.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I hope u guys have seen reacently released movie madras cafe. I think it got banned in some states. Is LTTE really bad ? Or they are fighting for right cause ? And Rajeev Gandhi was really good as potrayed
I have not seen the movie, from electronic media heard about controversy, it seems a serious film. I prefer good comedy movie like recent Chennai Express in which Deepika had done exceptional roles, and it is a brilliant movie with nice treatment of humor.

Madras cafe is controversial subject but may be a better film than Chennai Express...In fact you are the first person who is praising the film...all others that have seen have been saying that it is bad film that is too loud and noisy !

Madras cafe is controversial subject but may be a better film than Chennai Express...In fact you are the first person who is praising the film...all others that have seen have been saying that it is bad film that is too loud and noisy !

Well i also loved it.. No doubt it was noisy but this is what u can expect from a movie on such a sensitive topic.. very well executed.. its a good watch...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.