Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My first ever film of Dev Anand was Kala Bazar , a morning show which I saw with friends during colege days, when old films were being screened often . The two songs Koya koya chand and Apni to har aah ik toofan hai uparwala jaan kar....were imprinted in my mind and then I began to look out for his films and began watching them - Kala pani, teen devian,Nau do gyarah,Taxi driver,jewel thief,johny mera naam, Sharabi, maya,love marriage,house no 44....the list is endless, each one a gem with absolutely beautiful music score...
Sawan ke maheene mein from Sharabi , Kahan aa gaye hum kaha ja rahe the , dheere dheere chal chand gagan mein and Koyi sone ke dilwala are some of my favorite songs..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Devanand is my most favorite hero since my childhood. I had to write an essay on 'my favorite hero'. I wrote on Devanand.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Ever green hero, with unique style of walking and dancing, plenty of nice songs in his movies, brilliant show man, with a typical hair style, he lived his life as ever green hero, a wonderful actor characterizing romance with a new definition.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
His mere presence in the film ensured a Mega hit at the Boxoffice. Though he's not known for his histrionics,some special features like his dialogue delivery , walking and nodding his head left an indelible mark on the audience.
His mere presence in the film ensured a Mega hit at the Boxoffice. Though he's not known for his histrionics,some special features like his dialogue delivery , walking and nodding his head left an indelible mark on the audience.
There is one certain kind of audience who are fond of his acting and always prefer to watch his movies many a times in the theatre. He is exceptional and legend.

Today is the birth day of one of the most popular and loved actors of all times Dev Anand. He was unique in his own way and was dashing, debonaire besides being very handsome, easily one of the best looking leading men of all times....I love watching his movies which had some of the most melodious songs composed for Hindi cinema. Who can ever forget Khoya khoya chand, Phoolon ke rang se, Yeh dil na hota bechara,deewana mastana huwa dil, Hum hai rahi pyar ke, Jeevan ke safar mein raahi, Mein zindgi ka saath...One can go on with the list !
Remembering and missing him all rounbd the year although we have a treasure of his films and songs as his legacy !

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10840]}

Thanks for reminding, yeh Rat Yeh Chandni Phir Kahan (Solhva Swan) Pal Bhar key liye koi hame pyar kar ley ( Jani Mera Nam) This song is know for window which was shown in this song.

Both lovely songs By the way Yeh raat yeh chandni is from the film Jaal which had Geeta Bali as his leading lady. The film was a classic shot in goa and a thriller directed by Guru Dutt and had superb music !

You may be right but I writing for song which was filmed on Deva Aanad. That is scene of rain and Dev has Umbrella in hand, leading lady of this movies is Wheeda Rehman.

That was Rhimjhim ke tarane leke aayi barsaat....from the film Kala Bazaar ! Lovely song ! :)

Yes this is the song, I like this song much, one more my favourite song of Dev Aanad's film is Kya se Kya ho Gya, (guide)
Dev Anand was westernised ,polished and along with raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar was part of the Famous trio of the fifties and sixties...He has acted with almost all leading ladies of his time.With Meena Kumari he has acted in just one film 'Kinare Kinare' directed by his brother Chetan Anand which was not well received inspite of having superb songs and a great story line, probably because Dev Anand had a serious role in the film... He made a handsome pair with Madhubala, Nutan and Waheeda Rehman ....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dev Anand was westernised ,polished and along with raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar was part of the Famous trio of the fifties and sixties...He has acted with almost all leading ladies of his time.With Meena Kumari he has acted in just one film 'Kinare Kinare' directed by his brother Chetan Anand which was not well received inspite of having superb songs and a great story line, probably because Dev Anand had a serious role in the film... He made a handsome pair with Madhubala, Nutan and Waheeda Rehman ....

Out of all the pairs you mentioned, I like Dev - Nutan pair very much especially Paying guest. S.D Burman's lilting melodies are still ringing in my ears.
Chand Phir Nikla, Magar tum Na Aaye, Maana Janab Ne pukaraa Nahin, Hai hai hai yeh nigahein are some of the evergreen songs.

Out of all the pairs you mentioned, I like Dev - Nutan pair very much especially Paying guest. S.D Burman's lilting melodies are still ringing in my ears.
Chand Phir Nikla, Magar tum Na Aaye, Maana Janab Ne pukaraa Nahin, Hai hai hai yeh nigahein are some of the evergreen songs.
It would have been his 90th birth day I he were alive to day, Guide (65), HUm Dono (61 and in color 2011) in a double CID (56), Jaal (52), Taxi Driver (54) are some of his master pieces.

http://www.ndtv.com/photos/entertainment/top-10-movies-of-dev-anand-11824

It would have been his 90th birth day I he were alive to day, Guide (65), HUm Dono (61 and in color 2011) in a double CID (56), Jaal (52), Taxi Driver (54) are some of his master pieces.

http://www.ndtv.com/photos/entertainment/top-10-movies-of-dev-anand-11824

Yes, all the above movies left a deep mark on the hearts of movie lovers. Though he is not physically present , his movies will continue to remain with us. The very fact that today we are discussing about Dev in this forum itself is a proof of his immortality.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.