Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is a proverb and a popular saying Like father like son or like mother like daughter...That seems to be true of these following father-son duo from the star crowd both Bollywood,hollywood and other rich and famous people around the world
http://idiva.com/photogallery-entertainment/10-celebrities-who-are-a-chip-off-the-old-block/22184/2

The person who post it forgot first family of Bollywood. PrithviRaj Kapoor, Raj Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor. Four generation :cheer:
Bollywood gives good actors but rarely outsiders get any proper opening to score well and settled inside this industry, some outsiders are still there, but only family matters.

It can't be generalized . The present craze despite old age Amitabh hasn't got any family support. And he's on top despite many actors gained entrance through their family support.

The same can be said of Shah Rukh Khan as well, who came up on his own...

You can add Naseeruddin shaw.

Yes of course , one of my favorite actors too.. Some or all the top old actors like Dev Anand,Dilip Kumar, Balraj Sahni and even later ones like Dharmendra, Sunil dutt etc made it on their own...

I think most of the yesteryear actors came on their own merits. Manoj and Dr, Shreeram lagoo and Balraj sahni had enough stage experience that launched them to stardom.
Honestly I don't subscribe to this proverb at all. In fact what we have been witnessing are completely absurd efforts at promotion of ordinary sons and daughters or other relatives by their celebrated parents or others which have been producing disastrous consequences.
Honestly I don't subscribe to this proverb at all. In fact what we have been witnessing are completely absurd efforts at promotion of ordinary sons and daughters or other relatives by their celebrated parents or others which have been producing disastrous consequences.

True ! This is happening everywhere in politics and films, thankfully not so much in sports ....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True ! This is happening everywhere in politics and films, thankfully not so much in sports ....

I have never been convinced of this genetic theory in transfer and transmission of talent. Even genes mutate in environmental conditions. How does one explain existence of two brothers of the same parents - one being exceptionally intelligent and the other being an idiot!!!
There is a proverb and a popular saying Like father like son or like mother like daughter...That seems to be true of these following father-son duo from the star crowd both Bollywood,hollywood and other rich and famous people around the world
http://idiva.com/photogallery-entertainment/10-celebrities-who-are-a-chip-off-the-old-block/22184/2

The person who post it forgot first family of Bollywood. PrithviRaj Kapoor, Raj Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor. Four generation :cheer:

Thats true, if they have not been remembered in the article it is probably because they are all different in their own way and have developed their own individual styles..

Actually it is not "four generation", it is "five generation". Prithviraj Kapoor's father was also an actor in Bollywood.
Ranbir Kapoor is a good actor, and he is the odd man out as his fore fathers are actors too.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Ranbir Kapoor is a good actor, and he is the odd man out as his fore fathers are actors too.

His acting has much similarity with Raj Kapoor.
Dev Ananad too had a son who tried to come into films but did not succeed since he did not have the required personality and more importantly was compared with his dashing father ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10886]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If one undertakes extensive as well as intensive research on this, I am sure, there would be more failed 'Chips' than successful ones in this regard. Fathers of Gavaskar, Tendulkar did not wield any bat nor did Kapil's or Kumble's tried their fingers at the red cherry but did that prevent them from becoming what they are!!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Dev Ananad too had a son who tried to come into films but did not succeed since he did not have the required personality and more importantly was compared with his dashing father ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10886]}

Same is the case with Ajitabh Bachchan, brother of Amitabh Bachchan .
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.