Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali’ original name is only Sanjay Bhansali. He has added “Leela” in order to pay a tribute to his mother “Leela Bhansali”. Here his intention is to specify Leela as an activity. Nothing more. Ram Leela Maidan means, a place to stage the activities of annual Ram Leela. And we say, often Bhagwan Ki Leela. Means God’s activities.

Now tell me what’s wrong with “Ram Leela”. The word "Leela " has several meanings.
There is nothing wrong with the title of the Movie “Ram Leela”

There is nothing wrong except that the title is misnomer and confusing. 'Ram Leela' is commonly understood as enactment of Ramayana on stage or screen.

True. In show business often we find creating confusion intentionally to be in the limelight. This is one way of drawing the public attention.

Confusion is okay as long as this does not offend religious sentiment of any community.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Have not seen this movie. But movie is getting publicity for wrong reasons.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Wrong or right reasons, movie producers are interested in publicity. Audience will see if it's good. Audience will see even if it's bad. In this case audience wish to see "why it's bad." in both cases producer is the beneficiary.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
It has generated both kinds of interest, some say it is good and some say it is bad.But the general opinion is that it is loud and garish unlike most of his earlier films...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It has generated both kinds of interest, some say it is good and some say it is bad.But the general opinion is that it is loud and garish unlike most of his earlier films...

No two opinions are similar. Each one has his own reason to appreciate a movie or condemn it. That's why I prefer to see the movie and arrive at an opinion. And even this may not be acceptable to others. It's strictly my own opinion.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali’ original name is only Sanjay Bhansali. He has added “Leela” in order to pay a tribute to his mother “Leela Bhansali”. Here his intention is to specify Leela as an activity. Nothing more. Ram Leela Maidan means, a place to stage the activities of annual Ram Leela. And we say, often Bhagwan Ki Leela. Means God’s activities.

Now tell me what’s wrong with “Ram Leela”. The word "Leela " has several meanings.

There is nothing wrong except that the title is misnomer and confusing. 'Ram Leela' is commonly understood as enactment of Ramayana on stage or screen.

True. In show business often we find creating confusion intentionally to be in the limelight. This is one way of drawing the public attention.[/quote

Is this modernisation?

True. In show business often we find creating confusion intentionally to be in the limelight. This is one way of drawing the public attention.[/quote

Is this modernisation?

No. This practice is there ever since the movie industry started.

Wrong or right reasons, movie producers are interested in publicity. Audience will see if it's good. Audience will see even if it's bad. In this case audience wish to see "why it's bad." in both cases producer is the beneficiary.

I think a particular section of the crowd will stay away for its name and another may stay away offended by its name, I don't know how the crowd is going to appreciate this illogical name! Yes the cast of the movie can bring some followers in.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think a particular section of the crowd will stay away for its name and another may stay away offended by its name, I don't know how the crowd is going to appreciate this illogical name! Yes the cast of the movie can bring some followers in.

yes opinions and views vary. But the producers are not interested about our opinions. They are interested in collections.

yes opinions and views vary. But the producers are not interested about our opinions. They are interested in collections.

I am afraid a few movies did bad due to bad titles only, I will not be surprised if same thing happens with this one too.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.