Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Geeta Dutt is one of the most talented singers. She had such a charming voice. Some of her songs which I never get tired of listening are ay dil mujhe bata de tu, waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitam, babuji dheere chalna, jaane kahaa mera jigar gaya ji.

Very true Jabeen, because of her voice she was able to carve a special place for herself inspite of having stiff competetion from Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle ! Once Guru dutt died she lost a will to live and went on destroying herself with drinks and drugs which lead to a very tragic end !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What a range of her singing prowess!!!
From Babuji Dheere chalna to
Waqt ne kriya kya hasee sitam.
She remains immortal through her melodies.

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,
Khain Pay Negaheyan Kahi Pay Nishna.

kahin pe Nigahen was sung by Shamshad Begum in CID.

Sorry for, indeed I didn't listed this song for long time. CID is film of Guru Dutt production and most song of female voice sung by Gita Dutt so I think it is also song of Gitta Dutt.
What a range of her singing prowess!!!
From Babuji Dheere chalna to
Waqt ne kriya kya hasee sitam.
She remains immortal through her melodies.

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,
Khain Pay Negaheyan Kahi Pay Nishna.

kahin pe Nigahen was sung by Shamshad Begum in CID.

Sorry for, indeed I didn't listed this song for long time. CID is film of Guru Dutt production and most song of female voice sung by Gita Dutt so I think it is also song of Gitta Dutt.

It's Ok dear Anil. We all commit mistakes. Take it easy.
I feel that Geeta Dutt, Suraiya and Meena Kapoor had somewhat similar sounding voices...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I feel that Geeta Dutt, Suraiya and Meena Kapoor had somewhat similar sounding voices...

I too felt the same. And their voices cannot be imitated. I have seen musical programmes, where in there are good singers who exactly imitate Lata, Asha, Rafi, Kishore etc. but not Geeta Dutt.
Yes she is all time great singer. Her sad songs really give feel that she lead a very sad life. :blink:
Thank you said by: usha manohar

I too felt the same. And their voices cannot be imitated. I have seen musical programmes, where in there are good singers who exactly imitate Lata, Asha, Rafi, Kishore etc. but not Geeta Dutt.

There is one old song a duet with Mohammad Rafi which I always thought was Geeta Dutt but after information became freely available I realised that it was actually suraiya singing the song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzamYkTLuOE

There is one old song a duet with Mohammad Rafi which I always thought was Geeta Dutt but after information became freely available I realised that it was actually suraiya singing the song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzamYkTLuOE

Yes I heard it. It was scored by OP. Nayyar, for the film Mr. Lambu.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
O.P.Nayyar and S.D.Burman were the two composers who were instrumental in bringing Geeta Dutt into Hindi films,she used to earlier sing in Bengali films...Mera Sundar Sapan beeth gaya was her first major hit, composed by SDB ...

O.P.Nayyar and S.D.Burman were the two composers who were instrumental in bringing Geeta Dutt into Hindi films,she used to earlier sing in Bengali films...Mera Sundar Sapan beeth gaya was her first major hit, composed by SDB ...

Wife of OP was a lyric writer. She wrote the famous song, ' preetam aan milo' , sung by Ch. Atma. The same song was sung by Geeta dutt later in Mr & Mrs 55.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.