Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What a range of her singing prowess!!!
From Babuji Dheere chalna to
Waqt ne kriya kya hasee sitam.
She remains immortal through her melodies.

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,
Khain Pay Negaheyan Kahi Pay Nishna.

Geeta Dutt had a different voice, more like Noorjahan because most female singers coming from Punjab were used to Soofi style. Once a Pakistani asked me 'why you female singers are so different and sound like Lata' but when he heard some others like Geeta, Kappor he had the real idea. Of course Usha Aiyyar is doing a great job. Geeta perhaps was at her best when she sang for Madhubala.

There are singers like Noorjehan, Geeta Dutt who own a unique voice. Shamshad Begum , Kamal Barot and Salma Agha can be recognized their identity just by their voice

List of Geeta Dutt's song is enough long, she also sung happy mood songs. Alo Mai Hari Piya Hui Teri jeet Rey.,

Geeta Dutt had a different voice, more like Noorjahan because most female singers coming from Punjab were used to Soofi style. Once a Pakistani asked me 'why you female singers are so different and sound like Lata' but when he heard some others like Geeta, Kappor he had the real idea. Of course Usha Aiyyar is doing a great job. Geeta perhaps was at her best when she sang for Madhubala.

There are singers like Noorjehan, Geeta Dutt who own a unique voice. Shamshad Begum , Kamal Barot and Salma Agha can be recognized their identity just by their voice

Some of the singers you mentioned were from Pakistan including Surriyya, so that was one of the reasons he was not coming to terms. Pakistanis are more used to husky, sufi singing.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Some of the singers you mentioned were from Pakistan including Surriyya, so that was one of the reasons he was not coming to terms. Pakistanis are more used to husky, sufi singing.

Yes, some are from Pakistan. In fact in the beginning days of her career, Lata and many others used to or tried to imitate the legendary Noorjehan more famous as Malika-e-Tarannum

Yes, some are from Pakistan. In fact in the beginning days of her career, Lata and many others used to or tried to imitate the legendary Noorjehan more famous as Malika-e-Tarannum

However, the styles may differ but there is no denying that our female singers have/had so much of variety that can shake the world. Geeta Dutt was one of the best with her own, capturing singing style.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Geeta Dutt never loved tragedy, but his life with Guru Dutt ends in tragic. His brother Mukul Roy was music director. She suffered tremendously due to her break with Guru Dutt, in terms of emotionally also professionally and she became out of work. Guru Dutt left her because of Wahida Rehman. A date has been fixed for reconciliation between Geeta and Guru by his brother. Sadly, Guru Dutt drunk heavily last night and in the next morning he never woke up again. Geeta had nervous break down and could not even recognize her own kids for six months. Her brother took care them for six months.

No body loves tragedy. Circumstances which are beyond the strength of the person will make them succumb to the miseries of life.It happened with Geeta Dutt. With Meena kumari and another brilliant Telugu actor Savitri.

I feel that it was the pressure that they had, their work is such that they get personally involved and this leads to heartaches and causes distress and unless one is able to handle stress they try to find solace in liquor and drugs which is what happened with Geeta...Both her brothers Mukul and Kanu Roy were music composers and she sang in most of their films...

Besides work pressure, there were marital problems, which contributed to their woes in a big way. This led to addiction to drinking.

In fact according to some people who knew her intimately, towards the end she was hardly sober and could not be relied upon for singing.It was only because of her addiction that she lost out on many opportunities to sing in films..
Her singing talents worsened and her beautiful tone was no more towards the fag end of her career, Ashiq 2, film has similar depiction but this time the character is male.

http://mohanmekap.com/

However, the styles may differ but there is no denying that our female singers have/had so much of variety that can shake the world. Geeta Dutt was one of the best with her own, capturing singing style.

Yes, there is that 'versatility ' factor in our own Indian both female and male singers. Md. Rafi's voice is just an example. From, 'O Duniya ke rakhwaale' to ' Tel Maalish' exemplifies his versatility.

Kamal Barot had a baby voice which sounds very cute but for limited songs only...However, frankly I cannot stand Salma Aghas voice since it sunds too cultivated not at all natural like our old singers...Geeta of course was the best among the lot....According to many music experts Noorjehan had the perfect female voice but that again was in the old times.With changing times music and also preference of the public has changed ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kamal Barot had a baby voice which sounds very cute but for limited songs only...However, frankly I cannot stand Salma Aghas voice since it sunds too cultivated not at all natural like our old singers...Geeta of course was the best among the lot....According to many music experts Noorjehan had the perfect female voice but that again was in the old times.With changing times music and also preference of the public has changed ...

Yes Kamal Barot's voice sounds childish. I remember her duet with Mukesh, Na Jaane Chand Kaise hoga.. And her other duet, hasta hua noorani chehera from Parasmani.

I agree that she has sung some of her best songs for Madhubala in films like Mr and Mrs 55,Police, Half ticket....In my opinion, the duet Udhar tun hassen ho from Mr and Mrs 55 is one of Geeta dutt's best duets ever ...and Police had beautiful duets with Hemant Kumar

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree that she has sung some of her best songs for Madhubala in films like Mr and Mrs 55,Police, Half ticket....In my opinion, the duet Udhar tun hassen ho from Mr and Mrs 55 is one of Geeta dutt's best duets ever ...and Police had beautiful duets with Hemant Kumar

This reminds me of a bhajan from Aanand Math, Jai Jagadish Hare, a melodious duet by Hemant Kumar and Geeta Dutt.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.