Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sholey is most popular movie of the last century. There are still many unknown facts about making of this grand movie. Just see:

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/photos/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-slideshow/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-photo-1387454450754.html
It is a stupendous success, many person's career developed from it, all characters are iconic, we cannot determine the real reason of super success, as the same director directed Shan few years later and it drubbed in box office, so there is no recipe for success as it happens when no one except it.

I feel that people preferred the villain of Sholey to that of Shan. Kulbhushan Kharbanda in Shaan was too courteous.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sholey is most popular movie of the last century. There are still many unknown facts about making of this grand movie. Just see:

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/photos/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-slideshow/facts-you-did-not-know-about-sholay-photo-1387454450754.html
It is a stupendous success, many person's career developed from it, all characters are iconic, we cannot determine the real reason of super success, as the same director directed Shan few years later and it drubbed in box office, so there is no recipe for success as it happens when no one except it.

I feel that people preferred the villain of Sholey to that of Shan. Kulbhushan Kharbanda in Shaan was too courteous.

You are very right. Salim Javed made an Icon out of Gabbar's character. He was moulded in the most unconventional way different from a runof the mill villain. That's why he won an equal adoration as that of the main characters.
Even Sholay's dfialogues created history.
Gabbar sing says,'Jo Dar Gaya... Samjho Mar gaya."

" Ab Tera kya hoga re Kaaliya"

Thakur says
Loha garam hai, maar do hathauda.

The best part of Sholay was the best aspects that make a film good ,worked together.
Some more interesting and unknown facts about Sholay.
Veru and Jai are the names of the characters are Salim Javed's college froends.
Asrani's get up was inspired by the role of Charlie chaplin's ' The great Dictator.'
Asrani's get up was inspired by the role of Charlie chaplin's ' The great Dictator.'

The prison scenes were really funny and Asrani did a great job. I must have watched Sholay at least 5 or 6 times but still love watching it with my children who enjoy the dialogues...Amitabh was brilliant in the film with his underplayed role , so was Jaya Bhaduri!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The prison scenes were really funny and Asrani did a great job. I must have watched Sholay at least 5 or 6 times but still love watching it with my children who enjoy the dialogues...Amitabh was brilliant in the film with his underplayed role , so was Jaya Bhaduri!

And who can forget that soul stirring mouth organ melody!!!!

Asrani's jailor was certainly very hilarious and everyone played their parts really really well. Now wonder Sholay is an iconic film in the Indian film history and will never be replaced! But what I also like is the fact that the popular dialogues and situations from the films are fun to watch even now, you never get bored and also are an inspiration for a large number of comedy spin-offs, especially Hangal's dialogue "Itna sannata kyon hai bhai'! :cheer: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Asrani's jailor was certainly very hilarious and everyone played their parts really really well. Now wonder Sholay is an iconic film in the Indian film history and will never be replaced! But what I also like is the fact that the popular dialogues and situations from the films are fun to watch even now, you never get bored and also are an inspiration for a large number of comedy spin-offs, especially Hangal's dialogue "Itna sannata kyon hai bhai'! :cheer: :laugh:

Apparently when that scene with Hangal where his grandson Sachins body is brought on the horseback was shot at Ramnagar and one of my cousins had gone to watch the shotting.It seems it took the entire day to just shoot the scene where the horse comes in and Hangal comes down and says that dialogue ! Watching it was quite boring according to him since it is shot so many times again and agian to get it right lol...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now the Sholay is coming in 3D. So who all are planning to watch it again ?

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Now the Sholay is coming in 3D. So who all are planning to watch it again ?

Count me. To see Sholay in any format, I'm ready to walk any number of miles.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.