It is his birth anniversary today ! Who can ever forget this melody maker? All those who have been avid listeners of old songs will definitely have at least a few dozen favorites among OP's compositions.I am a great fan of his songs ...I am listing down some favorite songs which dont come under the popular and well known category since everyone knows about them...

1, Jahan jahan khalayal jata hai - Mohd Rafi/Geeta dutt - Bade Sarkar ( 1957)
2, Chaya hai sama mera dil hai jawan - Mohd Rafi/ Asha Bhosle - Qaidi(1957)
3, Bahon ko zara leherade - Manna dey/Asha Bhosle - Kabhi andhera Kabhi Ujala ( 1958)
4, Chori chori ik ishara ho gaya hai - Mohd Rafi/Asha bhosle - basant ( 1960)
5, Pehlu mein yaar ho tho kis baat ki kami hai - Kishore kumar/asha bhosle - Shrimanji ( 1968)
6, Khoobsorta saathi - Kishore kumar/asha bhosle - Akalmand ( 1966)
I can go on but will stop here and hope to see more such rare songs being posted here...for those interested all the songs that I have listed are available on youtube :)
We can never forget OP Nayyar ever since his songs have become so much part of our lives...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
True. Thanks for this post about this Melody maker who specialized in mixing judiciously melody and subtle rhythm. All the songs you have enlisted are the real pearls. Besides what you have mentioned, I have a special liking in his songs from Phagun.. Except one all the songs in this film were based on Raag Piloo, which is a rarity.
'Piya Pya Na Loge More Jiya" by Asha is a class by itself.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
O.P Nayyar was truly a talented composer. Its really difficult to say which songs of his was better than others as most of them are very melodious. I however has a special liking for the song Bahoot sukriya bari meherbani from Ek Musafir Ek hasinah as it was picturised on Joy Mukherjee who was one of my favourite actor for a long time. Apart from it, I like his songs from Kashmir ki Kali and Naya daur too.
I fail to list any one song that I can describe as my most favorite but all songs those he composed were great for me

Tareef kaun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya -OP Nayyar God is great
Or
Pukarta chala hun me gali gali bahar ki -OP Nayyar - you have gone too far off leaving your songs behind

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I wish very Happy Birthday to O.P. Nayyar. His songs are great. He is one of the most famous legendary composers in India.
I fail to list any one song that I can describe as my most favorite but all songs those he composed were great for me

Tareef kaun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya -OP Nayyar God is great
Or
Pukarta chala hun me gali gali bahar ki -OP Nayyar - you have gone too far off leaving your songs behind

Pukarta chala hoon main
Gali Gali Bahar ki
Bas ek chhaon julf ki
Bas ek nigah pyaar ki
A great song where lyric and composition are wonderfully balanced. Hats off Nayyar.
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar, suni51
Nice to remember his sweet memories.
O. P. Nayyar was really one of the great composer and famous music director.
my favorite song is :Ye Chaand Saa Roshan Cheharaa - Mohammed Rafi - Kashmir Ki Kali (1964)

Be positive
Thank you said by: suni51, usha manohar
Nice to remember his sweet memories.
O. P. Nayyar was really one of the great composer and famous music director.
my favorite song is :Ye Chaand Saa Roshan Cheharaa - Mohammed Rafi - Kashmir Ki Kali (1964)

Wah, you too have the same as your favorite that I mentioned above. Great song,

Ye Chaand Saa Roshan Cheharaa
Zulfon a rang sunehra
ye jheel si geri ankhen
koi raaj hai inme gehra

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

OP Nayyars foot tapping music was popular with all groups of people...Even today he is as popular with the masses.My own children love his music ,his songs are timeless...giving some more of his songs, not the well known popular ones...
1, Surma mera nirala - Kishore kumar
2, Jayiye aap kahan jayeneg , which has been one of my most fav songs.. Mere Sanam
3, aankhon se jo uthri hai dil mein - Phir wohi dil laya hoon
4, Jawaniyan yeh mast mast bin piye - Tumsa nahin del]kha

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

OP Nayyars foot tapping music was popular with all groups of people...Even today he is as popular with the masses.My own children love his music ,his songs are timeless...giving some more of his songs, not the well known popular ones...
2, Jayiye aap kahan jayeneg , which has been one of my most fav songs.. Mere Sanam

In Jawaniyan yeh mast mast bin piye you can see OP's calibre in making the listeners see flamboyant Shammi in every note of the song.

In Jawaniyan yeh mast mast bin piye you can see OP's calibre in making the listeners see flamboyant Shammi in every note of the song.

Absolutely ! OPN, Shammi Kapoor and Mohammad Rafi was one of the best combinations ever in the history of Hindi films !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.