Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
OP Nayyars foot tapping music was popular with all groups of people...Even today he is as popular with the masses.My own children love his music ,his songs are timeless...giving some more of his songs, not the well known popular ones...
1, Surma mera nirala - Kishore kumar
2, Jayiye aap kahan jayeneg , which has been one of my most fav songs.. Mere Sanam
3, aankhon se jo uthri hai dil mein - Phir wohi dil laya hoon
4, Jawaniyan yeh mast mast bin piye - Tumsa nahin del]kha

In Jawaniyan yeh mast mast bin piye you can see OP's calibre in making the listeners see flamboyant Shammi in every note of the song.

Absolutely ! OPN, Shammi Kapoor and Mohammad Rafi was one of the best combinations ever in the history of Hindi films !

One thought always used to hover around me. Had there been no rift with Lata, OP would have created a treasure chest of melodies. Because he is not just a composer who relied on rhythm alone. He is a connoisseur of melody nuances.
OP Nayyars foot tapping music was popular with all groups of people...Even today he is as popular with the masses.My own children love his music ,his songs are timeless...giving some more of his songs, not the well known popular ones...
2, Jayiye aap kahan jayeneg , which has been one of my most fav songs.. Mere Sanam

In Jawaniyan yeh mast mast bin piye you can see OP's calibre in making the listeners see flamboyant Shammi in every note of the song.

Absolutely ! OPN, Shammi Kapoor and Mohammad Rafi was one of the best combinations ever in the history of Hindi films !

One thought always used to hover around me. Had there been no rift with Lata, OP would have created a treasure chest of melodies. Because he is not just a composer who relied on rhythm alone. He is a connoisseur of melody nuances.

I agree with that ! We have missed many possible songs in Lata's voice. In fact OPN never gave many songs to any other singer except Geeta Dutt and Asha Bhonsle !
He has composed some great songs for Johny Walker ...Yeh dil hai mushkil jeena yahan, Mein mein mein cartoon, Dekh idhar yeh haseena, Are na na na na tauba tauba among others..that is another great combination ! Johny walker/Rafi/OPN

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with that ! We have missed many possible songs in Lata's voice. In fact OPN never gave many songs to any other singer except Geeta Dutt and Asha Bhonsle !
He has composed some great songs for Johny Walker ...Yeh dil hai mushkil jeena yahan, Mein mein mein cartoon, Dekh idhar yeh haseena, Are na na na na tauba tauba among others..that is another great combination ! Johny walker/Rafi/OPN

Another one is Mai Bambai Ka Babu Naam Mera Anjana from Naya daur.
OP Nayyar was one of the greatest composers whose songs form the integral part of our Golden musical heritage!

Some of my favorite songs composed by him are:
Boojh mera kya naam re....CID
Chaman hota nahi khali........Baharen phir bhi aayengi
Haath aya hai jab se tera haat mein.....Dil Aur Mohabbat

and all the famous ones!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
OP Nayyar was one of the greatest composers whose songs form the integral part of our Golden musical heritage!

One can go on remembering so many of his songs since they were all melodious ....Ideal to listen to when you are going for a long drive ! His style of composition was the most original since it was his own ...
Shamshad begum was another singer who got to sing some lovely songs for him ...
Kajra muhobbatwala, Meri neendon mein tum, Kabhi aar kabhi paar were all very popular songs ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

One can go on remembering so many of his songs since they were all melodious ....Ideal to listen to when you are going for a long drive ! His style of composition was the most original since it was his own ...
Shamshad begum was another singer who got to sing some lovely songs for him ...
Kajra muhobbatwala, Meri neendon mein tum, Kabhi aar kabhi paar were all very popular songs ...

Before Asha entered OP's life most of his compositions were sung by Shamshad and Geeta. Her duet with Asha, Reshmi Salwar Kurta Jaali Ka was a great hit.
Film: Mere Sanam Music: O.P. Nayya
Mumtaz - Yeh Hai Reshmi Zulfon Ka Andhera sung by Asha
I will never forget this song.

Can anyone forget EK Musafir ek Hasina?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we_1t7YG-KA

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

None of the creations of this Maestro are 'Made to forget". They are made to live for eternity. And they are.Yeh Hai Re shmi is a special among Specials.

Both the films had some unforgettable tunes and a nice mix of foot tapping and soulful tunes.Mujhe dekh kar aap ka muskurana from Ek musafir ek haseena is one of my favorite songs...So also the songs from Mere Sanam ! It is onr of our favorite films and I have lost count of the number of times we have watched it..

Both the films had some unforgettable tunes and a nice mix of foot tapping and soulful tunes.Mujhe dekh kar aap ka muskurana from Ek musafir ek haseena is one of my favorite songs...So also the songs from Mere Sanam ! It is onr of our favorite films and I have lost count of the number of times we have watched it..

Many of the films composed by OP survived and became big money grossers sheerly on the strength of his music. That 'Re visiting' factor of many mediocre movies was courtesy OP.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.