Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Film: Mere Sanam Music: O.P. Nayya
Mumtaz - Yeh Hai Reshmi Zulfon Ka Andhera sung by Asha
I will never forget this song.

Can anyone forget EK Musafir ek Hasina?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we_1t7YG-KA

Both the films had some unforgettable tunes and a nice mix of foot tapping and soulful tunes.Mujhe dekh kar aap ka muskurana from Ek musafir ek haseena is one of my favorite songs...So also the songs from Mere Sanam ! It is onr of our favorite films and I have lost count of the number of times we have watched it..

Many of the films composed by OP survived and became big money grossers sheerly on the strength of his music. That 'Re visiting' factor of many mediocre movies was courtesy OP.

Some of the films ran solely on his music although they were not upto the mark. I used to love the music of the film Yeh Raat phir na aayegi which had songs like Huzoorewala, Aap se maine meri jaan, mein shayad tumhare liye...but the film was quite disappointing although all the songs are beautifully shot !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

O.P Nayyar was truly a talented composer. Its really difficult to say which songs of his was better than others as most of them are very melodious. I however has a special liking for the song Bahoot sukriya bari meherbani from Ek Musafir Ek hasinah as it was picturised on Joy Mukherjee who was one of my favourite actor for a long time. Apart from it, I like his songs from Kashmir ki Kali and Naya daur too.

I too have a favorite song in Ek musafir ek hassena ...Mujhe dekh kar aap kaa muskurana, have always loved it ! :) I dont think there was ever a film where he gave mediocre or bad music.Even the last film Nischay had some good songs..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

O.P Nayyar was truly a talented composer. Its really difficult to say which songs of his was better than others as most of them are very melodious. I however has a special liking for the song Bahoot sukriya bari meherbani from Ek Musafir Ek hasinah as it was picturised on Joy Mukherjee who was one of my favourite actor for a long time. Apart from it, I like his songs from Kashmir ki Kali and Naya daur too.

I too have a favorite song in Ek musafir ek hassena ...Mujhe dekh kar aap kaa muskurana, have always loved it ! :) I dont think there was ever a film where he gave mediocre or bad music.Even the last film Nischay had some good songs..

Even i have not heard any of his composition which could be considered as bad. He simply was a bundle of talent. Its really amazing that he could come up with such a variety of music. Speaking of being amazed, Usha, I am also simply amazed by the knowledge you have about the music world. Frankly speaking, earlier when I used to listen to music i use to enjoy them without bothering much about the singer, the lyricist, composer etc. But the various threads you started about singers, composers etc have enriched me. Thanks
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Does anyone remember KISMAT lead roles Vishvajeet and Babita, Mummy of Karina and Karishma
All the songs were unique
Kajra mohabbat wala
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4q5N8d_usg

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Even i have not heard any of his composition which could be considered as bad. He simply was a bundle of talent. Its really amazing that he could come up with such a variety of music. Speaking of being amazed, Usha, I am also simply amazed by the knowledge you have about the music world. Frankly speaking, earlier when I used to listen to music i use to enjoy them without bothering much about the singer, the lyricist, composer etc. But the various threads you started about singers, composers etc have enriched me. Thanks

Thanks a lot Jabeen, I am happy to know that you have found y threads useful , have always been very interested in music , not just hindi but our own local languages too.... I keep looking for rare old songs some of them simply not available now except probably with vividh bharti :)

Thanks a lot Jabeen, I am happy to know that you have found y threads useful , have always been very interested in music , not just hindi but our own local languages too.... I keep looking for rare old songs some of them simply not available now except probably with vividh bharti :)

Yes. I agree with Jabeen. I too am a favorite of your various threads related to music. They are quite informative.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Does anyone remember KISMAT lead roles Vishvajeet and Babita, Mummy of Karina and Karishma
Kajra mohabbat wala

Among the later films of OP Nayyar other than Kismet , Pran Jaye par vachan na jaye had great music, in fact Asha bhosle got a filmfare award for her song Chain se hum ko kabhi aap ne jeene na diya ...beautiful song!

Kajra mohabbat wala

Among the later films of OP Nayyar other than Kismet , Pran Jaye par vachan na jaye had great music, in fact Asha bhosle got a filmfare award for her song Chain se hum ko kabhi aap ne jeene na diya ...beautiful song!

Chain se hum ko kabhi aap ne jeene na diya is among my 10 most favorite songs and the one I can sing also.

Kajra mohabbat wala

Chain se hum ko kabhi aap ne jeene na diya is among my 10 most favorite songs and the one I can sing also.

I think Asha has sung sung some of her career best songs under OPN....Yahi woh jagah hai yahi woh fiza hai , Aankhonse jo uthri hai dil mein, Yeh hai reshmi zulfonka andhera na ghabrayiye, Aayiye meherbaan baithiye jaanejan, Aao huzoor tumko sitaron mein le chaloo, Zara haule haule chalo more saajna, Yaar badshah are a few that come to my mind.Of course there are many more ...

Kajra mohabbat wala

I think Asha has sung sung some of her career best songs under OPN....Yahi woh jagah hai yahi woh fiza hai , Aankhonse jo uthri hai dil mein, Yeh hai reshmi zulfonka andhera na ghabrayiye, Aayiye meherbaan baithiye jaanejan, Aao huzoor tumko sitaron mein le chaloo, Zara haule haule chalo more saajna, Yaar badshah are a few that come to my mind.Of course there are many more ...

Each and every song you mentioned in this post is a treat to listen. The one who loves the beats of OP, will agree to the point that this is hard to find a single song that he composed and did not give his best to it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.