Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Does anyone remember KISMAT lead roles Vishvajeet and Babita, Mummy of Karina and Karishma
All the songs were unique
Kajra mohabbat wala
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4q5N8d_usg

Among the later films of OP Nayyar other than Kismet , Pran Jaye par vachan na jaye had great music, in fact Asha bhosle got a filmfare award for her song Chain se hum ko kabhi aap ne jeene na diya ...beautiful song!

Chain se hum ko kabhi aap ne jeene na diya is among my 10 most favorite songs and the one I can sing also.

I think Asha has sung sung some of her career best songs under OPN....Yahi woh jagah hai yahi woh fiza hai , Aankhonse jo uthri hai dil mein, Yeh hai reshmi zulfonka andhera na ghabrayiye, Aayiye meherbaan baithiye jaanejan, Aao huzoor tumko sitaron mein le chaloo, Zara haule haule chalo more saajna, Yaar badshah are a few that come to my mind.Of course there are many more ...

Each and every song you mentioned in this post is a treat to listen. The one who loves the beats of OP, will agree to the point that this is hard to find a single song that he composed and did not give his best to it.

When it comes to beat and rhythm, the first song that flashes in my mind is that famous Bhangra sung by Asha and Rafi in Howrah bridge.
Gora rang chun aria kaali motiyan
I have compiled another list of OP' songs
Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar
Kahin Pe Nigahen Kahin Pe Nishana
Jaane Kahan Mera Jigar Gaya
Leke Pahla Pahla Pyar
Piya Piya Piya Mora Jiya Pukare
Tumhi Ne Dard Diya Hai
Uden Jab Jab Zulfen Teri
Ek Pardesi Mera Dil Le Gaya
Kaisa Jadoo Balam Tune Dara
Maang Ke Saath Tumhara
Jawanian Yeh Mast Mast
Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar
Leke Pahla Pahla Pyar
Tumhi Ne Dard Diya Hai
Uden Jab Jab Zulfen Teri
Maang Ke Saath Tumhara
Jawanian Yeh Mast Mast
Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu

Good you included one of my fav song filmed on Johnny walker, "thmhi ne dard diya hai, tumhi dava dena, garib jaankar."
Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar
Leke Pahla Pahla Pyar
Tumhi Ne Dard Diya Hai
Uden Jab Jab Zulfen Teri
Maang Ke Saath Tumhara
Jawanian Yeh Mast Mast
Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu

Good you included one of my fav song filmed on Johnny walker, "thmhi ne dard diya hai, tumhi dava dena, garib jaankar."

There was a film called Johny Walker with Johny walker in the lead lol...which had beautiful music..tandi tandi hawa puche unka patha, Jhuki jhuki pyar ki nazar, Bach ke balam etc...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar
Leke Pahla Pahla Pyar
Tumhi Ne Dard Diya Hai
Uden Jab Jab Zulfen Teri
Maang Ke Saath Tumhara
Jawanian Yeh Mast Mast
Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu

There was a film called Johny Walker with Johny walker in the lead lol...which had beautiful music..tandi tandi hawa puche unka patha, Jhuki jhuki pyar ki nazar, Bach ke balam etc...

Yes, I have seen the movie. Many composers composed very good songs for Johnny walker.In Many of his films Kum Kum and Shyama used to pair with him. Some of the good songs pictured on Johnny walker were, Jaana kahan mera Jigar gaya ji and Kal talak hum theek tha aaj hamein kya hogaya..
Other than Rafi who was a constant fixture like Asha bhosle in all OPN films Mahendra Kapoor too got to sing some beautiful songs for OP Nayyar...I am listing down a few that come to my mind
1, O yaron ki tamanna hai - Kahin Din Kahin Raat
2, Laakhon hai yahan dilwale - Kismet
3, Andhere mein jo baithe hai - Sambandh
4, Kahan se laayi - Dil aur muhobbat
5,Meri jaan tum pe Sadke - Sawan ki ghata
6, Badal jaye agar mali - Baharein phir bhi aayegi
7, Jaan e tamanna kyar kar dhala - CID 909
8, Tum sab se haseen ho - Muhobbat zindgi hai
9, Kamar patli nazar bijli - Kahin din kahin raat

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Other than Rafi who was a constant fixture like Asha bhosle in all OPN films Mahendra Kapoor too got to sing some beautiful songs for OP Nayyar...I am listing down a few that come to my mind
1, O yaron ki tamanna hai - Kahin Din Kahin Raat
2, Laakhon hai yahan dilwale - Kismet
3, Andhere mein jo baithe hai - Sambandh
4, Kahan se laayi - Dil aur muhobbat
5,Meri jaan tum pe Sadke - Sawan ki ghata
6, Badal jaye agar mali - Baharein phir bhi aayegi
7, Jaan e tamanna kyar kar dhala - CID 909
8, Tum sab se haseen ho - Muhobbat zindgi hai
9, Kamar patli nazar bijli - Kahin din kahin raat

OP has used Mahendra Kapoor too in an effective way. Among the list my favorites are 'Lakhon hai yehan dilwale and Badal juye agar Maali .
Is anyone aware that a postage stamp, bearing his face, was released by India Post to honor him on 3 May 2013.
And I would like to add
TUM SA NAHI DEKHA as another one out of his unforgettable of movies.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Is anyone aware that a postage stamp, bearing his face, was released by India Post to honor him on 3 May 2013.
And I would like to add
TUM SA NAHI DEKHA as another one out of his unforgettable of movies.

Yes India post has issued a commemorative stamp of OmkarPrasad Nayyar. A great tribute to a legend. Who can forger Tumsa Nahin Dekha. All its songs were super hits.
OP was the first to start the trend of allotting a full song on Comedians. The first song was pictured on Om Prakash, Churi Bane Kanta Bane in Jaalinote.
Kishore Kumar is another singer who sang some great songs for OP Nayyar ! I am listing down a few songs Kishore Kumar sang for OPN
1, Surma mera nirala - Kabhi andhera kabhi ujala
2, Ek baar muskurado and Roop tera aisa - Ek baar muskurado
3, Diya hai aapne bade haseen - Akalmand
4, Mujhko baar baar yaad na aa - Ragini
5, Meri neendon mein tum - Naya Andaz
6, Pehlu mein yaar ho to - Shrimanji
7, Khoobsurat saathi - Akalmand

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.