Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One more film where she gave a sterling performance was Mamta - she had a double role in that and the film was known for its melodious music composed by Roshan ... I also liked her role in Bambai ka babu with dev anand and Champakali with Bharath Bhushan both of which I watched recently ...

Her demise created A great vacuum in Bengali Filmdom in particular and in Hindi film induustry in general. The two films you mentioned remind me of two songs
Dekh ne Bhola hai dil ka salona from Bambai ka babu

Chup gaya koi re dur se pukar ke from Champakali

May her soul rest in peace
One more film where she gave a sterling performance was Mamta - she had a double role in that and the film was known for its melodious music composed by Roshan ... I also liked her role in Bambai ka babu with dev anand and Champakali with Bharath Bhushan both of which I watched recently ...

Her demise created A great vacuum in Bengali Filmdom in particular and in Hindi film induustry in general. The two films you mentioned remind me of two songs

Yes thats true, Bambai ka baabu had great music by S D Burman - Deewana mastana, saathi na koyi manzyil, also Champakali which had music composed by Hemant Kumar...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

Yes thats true, Bambai ka baabu had great music by S D Burman - Deewana mastana, saathi na koyi manzyil, also Champakali which had music composed by Hemant Kumar...

True. These vintage songs fill the mind of a nostalgia buff like me with joy. Thanks.

Both the songs that you have mentioned are indeed very melodious ones but I never knew that it was picturised on her. I think I should watch those movies.
Beautiful Suchitra Sen was perhaps one of the most respected actresses of her times having given brilliant performances in some of the most well known Classical films in Bengali and Hindi. She had been ailing since a couple of years now and was in the intesnsive care being treated for respiratory problems. She was 82 and since more than a decade she was never seen in public...She leaves behind daughter Moon moon sen and two grand daughters Ria and Raima Sen. May her soul rest in peace !

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/bengali-actress-suchitra-sen-passes-away-kolkata/1/338239.html

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10975]}

Really a sad news for our film industry. His contribution is never forget by anyone. Still people know for his movie Devdas.

Both the songs that you have mentioned are indeed very melodious ones but I never knew that it was picturised on her. I think I should watch those movies.

You really must because she was a very natural actress besides being very beautiful....Another film where she stood out was the old Devdas with Dilip Kumar and Vyjayantimala also acting in it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You really must because she was a very natural actress besides being very beautiful....Another film where she stood out was the old Devdas with Dilip Kumar and Vyjayantimala also acting in it !

Dilip's Devdas reminded me that famous dialogue of Devdas, ' Kaun Hai Woh Kambakht, Jo Bardast Karne Ke Liye Peeta Hai?'. Even after centuries I cannot forget the dialogue.
Being an ardent fan of Suchitra Sen I have watched most of her bengali and hindi movies. She portrayed all her roles be it a modern independent woman, a middle-class household woman, a college girl, or a matured politician with equal ease. Whatever role she was given she did full justice to it. Her grace and beauty will be remembered forever. Her older granddaughter Raima Sen has got some of her genes and is quite talented too.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Suchitra sen and Uttam Kumar created waves with their histrionic talents and made themselves immortal. They remain in the hearts of the movie lovers forever.
Although she had every right to lead her life , why she chose to live her later years in annonymity is a mystery which her daughter should share with Suchitra's ardent fans.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.