The topic is locked.
Indians are entering the world cup after being defeated successively on foreign soil. The following are the pro's

1.Different side
2.Pitch that assists indian spinners
3.Familiar conditions
4.Different format

Con's
1. Poor form
2. Low on morale
3. Captaincy woes
4. Team tactics

What's your say peers...

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
When India won its first world cup in 1983, it started the campaign with all odds against it. I'm of the opinion brushing aside all the earlier upsets starting afresh with a positive and confident note, India will certainly emerge as the Champs.
I think nothing can be predicted about India at the moment. When India took on the giants - West Indies in 1983, none would have thought that they would defeat the invincible West Indies team. In 2007 too, the match was slipping out of India's hands and suddenly they came out on the top. With M S Dhoni back, we hope he does his magic once again.
As far as I know Indian team is having only one big problem... and that is a bowling.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
As far as I know Indian team is having only one big problem... and that is a bowling.

That's right. Our death bowling will be tested in every match. The death bowling certainly rings death bells at the die hard Indian cricket fan :evil:

Every body knows about India's weak points. They are not restricted to Bowling alone. As a Team Indian Team did not win many games..

Every body knows about India's weak points. They are not restricted to Bowling alone. As a Team Indian Team did not win many games..

Team India is dotted with stars. I only remember the recent match between India and Pakistan where there was alround effort and the will to win the match to avoid 3-0 sweep. India had already lost the series and needed one win to avoid whitewash and we did it. One rarely gets to see this.

Team India is dotted with stars. I only remember the recent match between India and Pakistan where there was alround effort and the will to win the match to avoid 3-0 sweep. India had already lost the series and needed one win to avoid whitewash and we did it. One rarely gets to see this.

That's what I said in the thread above. India rarely plays as a team. Every time the Team looks towards one Sachin or one Harbhajan. This is the biggest lapse in Team India. This is the immediate problem to be addressed

That's what I said in the thread above. India rarely plays as a team. Every time the Team looks towards one Sachin or one Harbhajan. This is the biggest lapse in Team India. This is the immediate problem to be addressed

I think it will.take time for Team india to come out of this mentality. The rise of a certain player like Virat Kohli makes a team depend on him once again. So the absence of someone like Sachin Tendulkar doesn't really make any difference in the way we think.

I think it will.take time for Team india to come out of this mentality. The rise of a certain player like Virat Kohli makes a team depend on him once again. So the absence of someone like Sachin Tendulkar doesn't really make any difference in the way we think.

No one is indispensable in this world. After Don's death Cricket did not stop.. My objection is it's not one man but the entire Team should rise as one.

The first two comments may have been heard of i guess!! Pretty Rightly MS Dhoni is making all the right moves by being aggressive and still balanced. His ploys are working wonderfully and the youngsters are firing all in tandem. 

They have all brushed aside their previous failures and are playing like real champs. Truly its a wonderful and heartening transformation.

The current problems in our further encounters may be (especially in semis and finals against Pool A opponents)

Their lower order is not yet tested.

Bowling at death may become difficult against top quality teams like Aussies specifically.

Batsmen firepower to get a big total is still a question.

What are your views regarding their abilities.... Will they come up trumps by stepping up their ante under the Inspirational leadership of the ever calm and destructive Captain...?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.