Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Dilip Kumar, no doubt is the greater thespian, but the Big B is also in a class of his own, unparalleled by anyone!

You can see shades of Dilip Kumar in Amitabh Bachans acting so there lies no doubt as to who is superior.However, Amitabh is probably much more popular because of the open media now which has been advantageous to him..

Media does play an important in increasing popularity of Bachchan, but the various shades of roles he has played also added to his fan following. He has played larger-than-life heroes as well as common person with shades of villainy inside him. More importantly, he played the roles of angry young men out to avenge the unfair system, something the youth of that era completely identified with. This made him more desirable.

Have you seen his 'Saudagar' with Nutan playing his leading woman? Its not very well known movie, but I think his role in that movie is one his best ones!

Totally agree with that ! I guess an average individula likes to see a fantasy personality that he would like to be and Amitabh fulfills that desire through his larger than life roles, same goes for actors like Rajnikant ...
I too have always liked his role in Saudagar which was a very sensitive film , also films like Kabie kabhie where his role was different !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dilip Kumar's roles in films like Ganga Jamuna, Kohinoor, Leader, Dil Diya Darad Liya, Paigam, Mughal-e Azam, Sangarsh, Madhumati, Azad etc are a treat to watch. However he belongs to the golden era of Hindi films ie the fifties and sixties when the music was also very melodious Today's generations have Amitabh Bachchan who is also equally a great actor, no doubt. I have seen Saudagar and yes his acting is very good but the audience's sympathy was with Nutan.

Of course Nutan has given a sterling performance, it is also one of my favorites. But the kind of role Amitabh did in that film did take some courage since it was in the beginning of his career and normally, for those times, doing that kind of role of a selfish person who takes advantage of a good woman for his own personal gain, was quite daring.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Dilip Kumar's roles in films like Ganga Jamuna, Kohinoor, Leader, Dil Diya Darad Liya, Paigam, Mughal-e Azam, Sangarsh, Madhumati, Azad etc are a treat to watch. However he belongs to the golden era of Hindi films ie the fifties and sixties when the music was also very melodious Today's generations have Amitabh Bachchan who is also equally a great actor, no doubt. I have seen Saudagar and yes his acting is very good but the audience's sympathy was with Nutan.

Of course Nutan has given a sterling performance, it is also one of my favorites. But the kind of role Amitabh did in that film did take some courage since it was in the beginning of his career and normally, for those times, doing that kind of role of a selfish person who takes advantage of a good woman for his own personal gain, was quite daring.

Amitabh's portraying of a totally different role in the beginning days of his career is indeed a daring step. It shows his immense confidence in his abilities. A quality that that made him stand head and shoulders above the rest.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Amitabh's portraying of a totally different role in the beginning days of his career is indeed a daring step. It shows his immense confidence in his abilities. A quality that that made him stand head and shoulders above the rest.[/quote

Dilip replaced Sehgal, Amitabh replaced Dilip, has any one replaced Amithabh as yet.

Amitabh's portraying of a totally different role in the beginning days of his career is indeed a daring step. It shows his immense confidence in his abilities. A quality that that made him stand head and shoulders above the rest.[/quote

Dilip replaced Sehgal, Amitabh replaced Dilip, has any one replaced Amithabh as yet.

It's a wrong belief that somebody replaced another. kL Sehgal, Dilip carved a niche of their own. They are very secure in the folios of history. Good things can never be replaced. They will remain and act as a beacon to the following generations.
Dilip Kumar is known as tragedy king. He is no more active whereas Amitabh Bachan is still acting in movis and on small screen. We evaluate the current celebrity more. Just visualize the period fifty years from now. Then naturally Amitabh Bachan would also not be active. Then people will judge better.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Dilip Kumar is known as tragedy king. He is no more active whereas Amitabh Bachan is still acting in movis and on small screen. We evaluate the current celebrity more. Just visualize the period fifty years from now. Then naturally Amitabh Bachan would also not be active. Then people will judge better.

I think it's better to evaluate after a few more years when AB also retires from active acting.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I think it's better to evaluate after a few more years when AB also retires from active acting.

From the current lot who is capable of taking over from Amitabh

Aamir khan is the only worthy successor to big B.

Aamir khan is the only worthy successor to big B.

Doubtful, his range is very limited, AB's span is very vast.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.