Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Dilip Kumar is known as tragedy king. He is no more active whereas Amitabh Bachan is still acting in movis and on small screen. We evaluate the current celebrity more. Just visualize the period fifty years from now. Then naturally Amitabh Bachan would also not be active. Then people will judge better.

I think it's better to evaluate after a few more years when AB also retires from active acting.

From the current lot who is capable of taking over from Amitabh

Aamir khan is the only worthy successor to big B.

Doubtful, his range is very limited, AB's span is very vast.

AB is just an actor. Where as Aamir from script writing to screenplay writing and in between all the intricacies of film making is an expert. It is his versatility that makes him stand head and shoulders above all including AB
Dilip Kumar is known as tragedy king. He is no more active whereas Amitabh Bachan is still acting in movis and on small screen. We evaluate the current celebrity more. Just visualize the period fifty years from now. Then naturally Amitabh Bachan would also not be active. Then people will judge better.

I think it's better to evaluate after a few more years when AB also retires from active acting.

AB is just an actor. Where as Aamir from script writing to screenplay writing and in between all the intricacies of film making is an expert. It is his versatility that makes him stand head and shoulders above all including AB

I would like to disagree with you with the proviso that you are perfectly entitled to your views which I respect.

I would like to disagree with you with the proviso that you are perfectly entitled to your views which I respect.

By all means dear friend. You are entitled to have your own opinion. After all this forum is to exchange views.
Thank you said by: vijay

By all means dear friend. You are entitled to have your own opinion. After all this forum is to exchange views.

Dilip Kumar's biography has been released , should make good reading.

Dilip Kumar's biography has been released , should make good reading.[/quote

Many versions of Yusuf Bhai also known as Dilip Kumar were released earlier and i read them.

Many versions of Yusuf Bhai also known as Dilip Kumar were released earlier and i read them.

Share some tidbits if you remember them

Dilip was known for his under acting, which everybody in his days thought He will not last longer in movies

Dilip was known for his under acting, which everybody in his days thought He will not last longer in movies

But now they say he was 'method acting'.

But now they say he was 'method acting'.

Stanislavsky , the Guru of acting and whose syllabus has been accepted in all the acting schools including Puna Film institute has described Method acting is the real and ideal acting.
Ashok Kumar and Balraj Sahni were both as good actors as Dilip or Amitabh...But in films popularity and the success of films also plays a major role and become the yardstick for measuring greatness !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.