Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ashok Kumar and Balraj Sahni were both as good actors as Dilip or Amitabh...But in films popularity and the success of films also plays a major role and become the yardstick for measuring greatness !

When histrionic excellence is taken in to consideration, Nasiruddin Shaw should not be kept aside. In fact all those who entered through IPTA are highly talented.
Ashok Kumar and Balraj Sahni were both as good actors as Dilip or Amitabh...But in films popularity and the success of films also plays a major role and become the yardstick for measuring greatness !

When histrionic excellence is taken in to consideration, Nasiruddin Shaw should not be kept aside. In fact all those who entered through IPTA are highly talented.

Very true,it is a pity that such sensitive and path breaking films are not made now and what we get is the same noise and fast paced action movies , easily forgotten !

Gulzar too was a great filmmaker who made classics like Aandhi, Khushboo, Kinara and Machis ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true,it is a pity that such sensitive and path breaking films are not made now and what we get is the same noise and fast paced action movies , easily forgotten !

Gulzar too was a great filmmaker who made classics like Aandhi, Khushboo, Kinara and Machis ..

Well said. After seeing this cacophony, which are going by the name Movies, my respect and reverence on these personalities you mentioned doubled.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Dilip Kumar is greatest in terms of percentages of hits, AB is luckiest to get good films. Aamir Khan has good percentages of hits.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Hits are not the true measure of greatness. Excellence in Histrionic acumen will hold an actor in high esteem for generations on. There are many actors who had more number of hits than Dilip, AB,and Aamir put together. Example is Jitendra..
Both are great in their own way.
Dilip Kumar is way ahead, his percentages of super hit films is far ahead than AB, I think he has only two flops, Dil diya dard liya and then he left hero in movies and Quilla then he left character actings, and compare it with series of flops of AB.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I think both are incomparable . In their times they were the best. DK excelled as a tragedian and AB as the angry young man.

Both have excelled in different kinds of acting ... but if I have to choose between the two, AB any day!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I think both are incomparable . In their times they were the best. DK excelled as a tragedian and AB as the angry young man.

Both have excelled in different kinds of acting ... but if I have to choose between the two, AB any day!

Dilip is a pioneer in under acting, that was not there in movie industry. AB has followed this trend.

Dilip is a pioneer in under acting, that was not there in movie industry. AB has followed this trend.

Yes..agreed..but I like the follower better than the leader...

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.