Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are scores of talented and dedicated directors, writers and producers in Bollywood. It was due to their dedication, Indian movie lovers could see some all time classics. Here is a list. And don’t forget to see the trivia also. You will be astonished to see some hither to unknown features.
http://www.filmfare.com/features/100-filmfare-days-43-deewar-6316.html

I dnt go through the entire list but Aandhi, Sholay, Pyasa,Awara,Mughal e azam, Do Bigha Zameen, Sujata,Sahib bibi aur Ghulam , Subah, Ankur, Nishant, Ardh Satya etc are some of my own choices for films that must be seen....One can easily identify 100 films ..

One Movie lover with good taste can easily guess and identify the 100 films. Especially from The list you mentioned your choicest movies, i can identify your tastes.

In good humour, something that is very highly valued becomes priceless, something that lasts long is known as ageless, does some thing that tastes fantastic become tasteless!!

I appreciate your sense of humor.

Talking about humor one can also add comedy films like Chalti ka naam ghadi, Padosan, Angoor, Chupke Chupke to the list of must see Indian films..

I would also add films such as Khatta-Meetha, Golmaal, etc. to this list. They are all great movies! Also, classics such as Bandini,
Sujata, Saraswatichandra!

Also movies like Mahal, Madhumati, Aawara, Do Bhiga Zameen, Guide, Pyar kiye ja, Pakeezah, Gumnaam etc
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
There are scores of talented and dedicated directors, writers and producers in Bollywood. It was due to their dedication, Indian movie lovers could see some all time classics. Here is a list. And don’t forget to see the trivia also. You will be astonished to see some hither to unknown features.

I dnt go through the entire list but Aandhi, Sholay, Pyasa,Awara,Mughal e azam, Do Bigha Zameen, Sujata,Sahib bibi aur Ghulam , Subah, Ankur, Nishant, Ardh Satya etc are some of my own choices for films that must be seen....One can easily identify 100 films ..

One Movie lover with good taste can easily guess and identify the 100 films. Especially from The list you mentioned your choicest movies, i can identify your tastes.

In good humour, something that is very highly valued becomes priceless, something that lasts long is known as ageless, does some thing that tastes fantastic become tasteless!!

Talking about humor one can also add comedy films like Chalti ka naam ghadi, Padosan, Angoor, Chupke Chupke to the list of must see Indian films..

I would also add films such as Khatta-Meetha, Golmaal, etc. to this list. They are all great movies! Also, classics such as Bandini, Sujata, Saraswatichandra!

Absolutely Kalyani, I too feel these are great movies ...Hrishikesh Mukherji was very talented and was especially good with comedy films..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I would also add films such as Khatta-Meetha, Golmaal, etc. to this list. They are all great movies! Also, classics such as Bandini, Sujata, Saraswatichandra!

Absolutely Kalyani, I too feel these are great movies ...Hrishikesh Mukherji was very talented and was especially good with comedy films..

His movies were of the common people with everyday characters that we see around us and hence the comedy they project is a delight to watch.

Also, films such as Garam Hawa, Shatranj Ke Khiladi, Bazaar etc. are also classic films. From recent times, Muhajir with Shashi Kapoor in main role was also unique and different!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

An entire series of V. Shabta Ram and Mehboob khan will fall in to the category of "All time great movies"
An entire series of V. Shabta Ram and Mehboob khan will fall in to the category of "All time great movies"

True...especially V Shantaram's 'Do Aankhen Baraah Haat' is one of the best and iconic cinemas in India!

True...especially V Shantaram's 'Do Aankhen Baraah Haat' is one of the best and iconic cinemas in India!

Earlier to it, Shantaram made a trend setting movie "Dahej". It's about the social evils in the society. A highly social conscious director and producer.

Earlier to it, Shantaram made a trend setting movie "Dahej". It's about the social evils in the society. A highly social conscious director and producer.

He was! He made films that were generally said to be groundbreaking,!

The concept of prison reforms, when they were very new to the world, Shantaram made a film DoAankhen Baraah Hath and created waves in the entire movie world. The same film won him high acclaim in the Carlovy vary film festival. He made the movie world turn towards India.

The concept of prison reforms, when they were very new to the world, Shantaram made a film DoAankhen Baraah Hath and created waves in the entire movie world. The same film won him high acclaim in the Carlovy vary film festival. He made the movie world turn towards India.

The concept of 'open prison' was first successfully practiced Swatantrapur in the princely state of Aundh near Satara. Now Swatantrapur is part of Atpadi tehsil in Sangli district of Maharashtra. The experiment was conducted by prince Shrimant Pantpratinidhi. Based on this, renowned author and screenwriter G. D. Madgulkar wrote the story for the movie. This movie also showcases very beautiful and melodious music.

Thank you said by: rambabu

The concept of 'open prison' was first successfully practiced Swatantrapur in the princely state of Aundh near Satara. Now Swatantrapur is part of Atpadi tehsil in Sangli district of Maharashtra. The experiment was conducted by prince Shrimant Pantpratinidhi. Based on this, renowned author and screenwriter G. D. Madgulkar wrote the story for the movie. This movie also showcases very beautiful and melodious music.

Great. That's what I call innovation. It takes loads of courage to walk in a path that was never used. In this respect both GD Madgulkar and Shantaram are praise worthy.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.