Today is the birth anniversary of yesteryears talented composer of Hindi cinema Madan Mohan, who has been hailed as one of the best composers of his time. He started his career with a controversy when Sajjad Hussain a master composer of his times accused him of stealing his tunes, whether true or not going through his career we can see that he could stand on his own and compose as brilliantly as those great composers ike Nuashad, S D Burman, Anil Biswas, C Ramchandra, Shankar Jaikishen to name a few ...Lta Mangeshkar got to sing some of her career best songs under his composition for films like Adalat, Dekh kabira roya, Dastak etc ..Talat Mehmood was another singer whose voice perfectly suited Madan Mohans compositions ..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11084]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thank you for reminding me the Birthday of a genius..
"Milona Tumse Dil Ghabraye
Milo To Aankh churaye
Hamein Kya hogaya hai"
who can forget this melody ? By the way Sajjad Hussain, who is a great Mandolin player should be thanked. Had he not accused Madan Mohan for lifting his creations, Madan Mohan would have remained in the oblivion.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
His last album is veer jara, very sweet composer, one of all time favorites.

http://mohanmekap.com/

He made himself immortal by his wonderful creations like, "Hum Pyaar mein jalne waalon Ko chain Kahan Aaram Kahan", a ghazal sung by Talat Mehmood.
He made himself immortal by his wonderful creations like, "Hum Pyaar mein jalne waalon Ko chain Kahan Aaram Kahan", a ghazal sung by Talat Mehmood.

This was also sung by Lata Mangeshkar for the film Jailor starring Sohrab Modi, Bharat bhushan and Geeta Bali, the song was picturised on Geeta Bali...Another composition that I really like is Lag ja ghale from Woh Kaun thi, also Naina bharse and Tumhari zulf ke saaye mein sham ( Rafi)...There are so many melodious compositions..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This was also sung by Lata Mangeshkar for the film Jailor starring Sohrab Modi, Bharat bhushan and Geeta Bali, the song was picturised on Geeta Bali...Another composition that I really like is Lag ja ghale from Woh Kaun thi, also Naina bharse and Tumhari zulf ke saaye mein sham ( Rafi)...There are so many melodious compositions..

Hoke majhboor mujhe usne bhulaya hoga (Haqeeqat,] is another memorable melody from Madan Mohan.
Some of my favorite songs composed by Madan Mohan are ..
1, Nainon mein badra chaye - Mera Saya
2, woh Bhuli dastan lo phir yaad aa gayi - Sanjog
3, Tum jo mil gaye ho - Hanste Zakhm
4, Khelo na mere dil se - Haqeeqat
5,Woh chand muskaya sitare sharmaye - Aakhri Dao
6. Simti si sharmayi si
7, Mei awaz suno - Naunihal
8, Kar chale hum fida - Haqeeqat
9, Ruke ruke se kadam - Mausam
10, Jab yaad kisiki aati hai

6. Simti si sharmayi si

The song, "Woh BhuliDastan " from sanjog reminds me of one Mukesh melody from Sanjog, which I'm unable to recollect .kindly let me know the Mukhda of that song.
6. Simti si sharmayi si

The song, "Woh BhuliDastan " from sanjog reminds me of one Mukesh melody from Sanjog, which I'm unable to recollect .kindly let me know the Mukhda of that song.

Is it Bhooli huyi yadon mujhe itna na satao...Very melodious song !

Thank you said by: rambabu, mohan manohar
6. Simti si sharmayi si

Is it Bhooli huyi yadon mujhe itna na satao...Very melodious song !

Exactly. I was struggling to recollect it. A melodious number. So kind of you Usha.
6. Simti si sharmayi si

I listened to most songs, as I feel there is some philosophical tones in his music, the number eight kar chale hum fida from Haqeeqat is one of the great patriotic song.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.