Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although Sholay was not an original film since it has shades of Once upon a time in the wild west esp the tender scenes between Amitabh and Jaya, it was an extremely well made film and can be rated as one of the best filoms ever made in the history of Indian cinema. I have seen it, may be q dozen times and will continue to see it as many more times as I can since you never get bored of the film
rambabu wrote:

A Benchmark for Movie making- Sholay

A 1975 Movie Directed by Ramesh Sippy, written by Salim –Javed and Music composed by Rahul Dev Burman.

The story line in brief is A Police officer’s family was massacred by a dreaded and notorious  bandit. To take a befitting revenge, the police officer hires the services of two outlaws to capture the bandit alive.

Though many opine Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan who portrayed the roles of small time criminals employed by the Thakur ( Sanjeev Kumar) were the main roles of the movie, I rate Amjad Khan who has portrayed the role of Gabbar Singh, the dreaded Bandit as the central role of the Movie.

it was Amjad’s maiden appearance and stole the hearts of the entire nation with his famous dialogues

“ Kitne Aadmi The..”

“ Jo dargaya Soch Woh Margaya. “

Amjad not only created waves in the movie world, he has earned the name of “ Most beloved Bad man”.

The other prominent cast includes Hema malini, A.K Hangal, Iftekar etc.

There is not much to say about the storyline, one has to note how Ramesh Sippy and the music composer RD made an ordinary storyline into a Masterpiece of all-time.

RD's Mehbooba Mahbooba

Koi Haseena Jab Rooth Jayegi to...

Yeh Dosti are still ringing in the ears of the public.

To put it simple, "Shoklay " is inimitable

For the reasons said above I recommend Sholay to be seen by one and all either in the cinema hall or in YouTube. But personally I feel that it should be seen in a cinema hall.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Tum Bin released in 2001 one of my favorites, the theme of this movie is love will find a way, storyline of movie not new, but fresh characters and most of them brought from advertisement world, super models of that time, brilliant songs, till nice to hear, the stealth emotions of each characters is something to rejoice with to see the movie, I would recommend this movie to members, the scenic attendance of each scene coupled with entire movie shut in Canada and Scotland with brilliant songs and some swash buckling dialogues. Film was directed by Anubhav Sinhna well known face of advertisement, it is all about grasping different aspects of styling, though for geeks there would not be any such highly comparable acting but still many would find it extremely refreshing to watch real life acting, the simple form of movie to see and enjoy. Nothing new in story line to tell but the treatment with this story has been brilliant, which is ridden with clear cut emotional syndrome to absorb you in this movie in full.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Bhag Milkha Bhaag.

A story of a champion who overcame the turmoil of India – Pak partition in which his entire family was massacred. And at the end how with his immense  and steadfast determination has become a world Champion runner and an Olympian and an Iconic athlete in the History Indian Sports.

In this inspiring story Farhan Akhtar has portrayed the role of Milkha Singh. Farhan with a star performance has become the most sensational find in the movie industry in the recent Movie world.

This inspirational movie based on the real life of Milkha Singh also known as the “Flying Sikh” was directed by Rakesh Omprakash Mehra  and written by Prasoon Joshi.

Other members of the cast include Sonam Kapoor, Pavan Malhotra  etc.

In Bollywood very less number of movies are produced based on real life. In this regard I consider this movie as  path breaking and trend setting. I recommend Bhag Milkha Bhag to our members for its novelty in more than one ways.

The Guns of Navarone - Based on the Battle of Leros during the WW-II adapted from the novel of same name by Alistair Maclean. Those who are into WW-II films really should watch this movie.

It is about a group of six soldiers who travel through arduous waters of the Aegean Sea near Turkey to take down the mighty guns employed by the Germans on the island of Navarone. The guns are proving detrimental to the Royal Navy to rescue their 2000 odd soldiers who are marooned and are unable to be rescued due to the superguns. The film has superb acting by Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle, Anthony Quinn and Irene Papas. A powerful acting by all, a must see for Gregory Peck fans. I especially loved the magnificent scenes towards the end of the film in which after the group successfully decommission the guns and send signal for the Royal Navy to act further. The breathtaking panorama seen from the island open up to the vast sea which is filled up with hundreds of ships of the Royal Navy.

To top it all, the theme song of the movie is beautiful, You have to listen to it to love it.

Islands of Greece are green and beautiful
Green and beautiful,
Where the olive trees grow
In the field below,
But high on the cliffs the guns are hidden there,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I can still remember the movie Jagriti which I had seen decades back. I can also remember the characters of good and the bad boys and the way headmaster of the school tried to handle. But the way the the movie went on with so many emotional scenes and ended I can recall almost every scene of it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The Guns of Navarone - Based on the Battle of Leros during the WW-II adapted from the novel of same name by Alistair Maclean. Those who are into WW-II films really should watch this movie.

It is about a group of six soldiers who travel through arduous waters of the Aegean Sea near Turkey to take down the mighty guns employed by the Germans on the island of Navarone. The guns are proving detrimental to the Royal Navy to rescue their 2000 odd soldiers who are marooned and are unable to be rescued due to the superguns. The film has superb acting by Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle, Anthony Quinn and Irene Papas. A powerful acting by all, a must see for Gregory Peck fans. I especially loved the magnificent scenes towards the end of the film in which after the group successfully decommission the guns and send signal for the Royal Navy to act further. The breathtaking panorama seen from the island open up to the vast sea which is filled up with hundreds of ships of the Royal Navy.

To top it all, the theme song of the movie is beautiful, You have to listen to it to love it.

Green and beautiful,
In the field below,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

One of my favorites too...I have always loved watching Gregory Peck .There was another equally interesting adventure film of the same kind Where Eagles Dare , very entertaining and a real thriller..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Green and beautiful,
In the field below,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

One of my favorites too...I have always loved watching Gregory Peck .There was another equally interesting adventure film of the same kind Where Eagles Dare , very entertaining and a real thriller..

I remember, i have seen long ago "Roman holiday directed  and produced by William Wyler. Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn were in the leading roles. It was only after seeing this movie I have seen AVM's Chori Chori in which Raj kapoor and Nargis played lead roles. And Chori Chori was based on Roman Holiday.

suni51 wrote:

I can still remember the movie Jagriti which I had seen decades back. I can also remember the characters of good and the bad boys and the way headmaster of the school tried to handle. But the way the the movie went on with so many emotional scenes and ended I can recall almost every scene of it.

I too have seen this film a long time ago and the song Hum laye hai toofan se kashti nikhal ke is unforgettable, Abhi Bhattacharya as the teacher did an excellent job, we need more such films now to guide and enlighten the youngsters..

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I too have seen this film a long time ago and the song Hum laye hai toofan se kashti nikhal ke is unforgettable, Abhi Bhattacharya as the teacher did an excellent job, we need more such films now to guide and enlighten the youngsters..

Kavi Pradeep and Hemantkumar did a wonderful job. Kavi Pradeep has composed music along with Hemant Kumar.

Aao Bachhon Tumhen Dikhaaye is another song  that still linger in my memory.

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Green and beautiful,
In the field below,
Guns are hidden there,
In a cavern of stone,
Guns of Navarone

I remember, i have seen long ago "Roman holiday directed  and produced by William Wyler. Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn were in the leading roles. It was only after seeing this movie I have seen AVM's Chori Chori in which Raj kapoor and Nargis played lead roles. And Chori Chori was based on Roman Holiday.

Roman Holidays is a true classic romantic film...But the film Chori chori was based on the hollywood film 'It happened one night' which had Clark Gable in the lead...

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.