Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

An OK list with some movies that live up to the title of thread but cannot understand why some movies, especially Asoka are listed here. It was quite a horrible movie and washed away all of Ashoka's real attributes in Kareena's wet sari !

LOL, true Kalyani ! I guess the movie was made to glorify Sharukh Khan rather than Ashoka...The Ashoka serial now being aired on Colors channel is really good and apparently a lot of research has gone to make it as authentic and informative as possible...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

An OK list with some movies that live up to the title of thread but cannot understand why some movies, especially Asoka are listed here. It was quite a horrible movie and washed away all of Ashoka's real attributes in Kareena's wet sari !

LOL, true Kalyani ! I guess the movie was made to glorify Sharukh Khan rather than Ashoka...The Ashoka serial now being aired on Colors channel is really good and apparently a lot of research has gone to make it as authentic and informative as possible...

Yes I guess it was made only to glorify Shahrukh and to enable Kareena to show off her assets. It was actually quite a sick movie. Is the serial really good, because normally I keep away from such serials too after the big a disappointment of Rani Laxmibai, I really hate the way they turn history into  masala epics.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Movies because of their longer reach and a common man's cheap entertainment, there is every possibility of mixing Masala. After all Movie making is a business.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes I guess it was made only to glorify Shahrukh and to enable Kareena to show off her assets. It was actually quite a sick movie. Is the serial really good, because normally I keep away from such serials too after the big a disappointment of Rani Laxmibai, I really hate the way they turn history into  masala epics.

As of now it is very interesting since they have gone into all details and Chanakya's role is very well etched...I too have just started watching it  after my mother and sister recommended it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

As of now it is very interesting since they have gone into all details and Chanakya's role is very well etched...I too have just started watching it  after my mother and sister recommended it..

What time do they show it Usha? I want to show it to my son who is currently totally obsessed with Julius Caesar and is refusing to accept any other person to be more great than Julius! LOL.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

What time do they show it Usha? I want to show it to my son who is currently totally obsessed with Julius Caesar and is refusing to accept any other person to be more great than Julius! LOL.

LOL, thats cute and he is at an age where these gigantic , larger than life historic figures seem the ultimate ..The serial Ashoka is shown between 9 and 9 30 every night except Sundays..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.