I cannot think of anyone who is fond of old films not liking Johny Walker ..he was one of those actors who was universally loved  , entertaining the audience and making them laugh. Roles and songs were specially written for him, such was his popularity with the filmgoers ..Today is his 12th death anniversary and I wanted to keep his memory alive ..A glimpse into his life and some things you may not know..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/Johnny-Walker-Things-you-may-not-know/photostory/48263545.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think I have seen all his movies but I can remember him well for his role in Anand. I saw him crying, (if I remember right) for the first time.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Badruddin Jamaluddin by birth, Johnny Walker is comedian par excellence. Starting his career in the movie Baazi in a bit role he rose to the eminent place of Stardom. There are movies in which Johnny Walker played the lead roles and carried them single handedly to Box office smashing hits.Though he played as a drunkard in movies, he was a teetotaler in real life.

He was seen last in Chachi 420.

A film was specially made for him titled Johny Walker , where he played the lead role with actress Shyama, who incidentally acted with him in several films like Char Paise, Mr Kartoon MA, Choomantar ...All these films had very melodious music , most of them composed by O P Nayyar.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There was a stage when producers, script writers and directors used to demand the presence of Johnny walker.in a Movie.

There is no cinema goer who dloes not know Johny Walker. I like the song flime on his role- Sir jo tera chakraye- aa jaa pyare kahe ghabraye Tel malish' 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sir Jo Chakraye, Main Bambai ka Babu Naam Mera Anjana are but two songs which were hits. Every song filmed on Johnny Walker has become a hit. He was considered as an "Essential ingredient " for a movie's success.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Some of the popular songs sung by Rafi and picturised on Johny walker ..

1,Yeh dil hai mushkil - CID - O P Nayyar

2, Mein mein mein qartoon - Mr Qartoon MA - O P Nayyar

3, Gareeb jaan ke - Choomantar - O P Nayyar

4, Bada hai CID hai yeh neeli chatriwala - Chandan  -  Madan Mohan

5, Laal laal gaal - Mr X - N Dutta 

6, Jane kahan mera jigar - Mr and Mrs 55 - O P Nayyar

7, Are nana na tauba - Aar Paar - O P Nayyar

8, Maine Kaha tha aana sunday ko - Ustadon  ke ustad - Ravi

9, Jangal mein mor naacha - Madhumati - Salil Chaudury

10, Suno suno miss chaterji - Baharein phir bhi aayegi - O P Nayyar

11, Dekh Idhar yeh haseena - 12'o clock - O P Nayyar

12, Dekhtha chala gaya mein - Gateway of India - Madan Mohan

These are only a few of the well known and popular songs..

Thank you said by: jabeen

A good list covering almost all Johny Walker's Hits. You must have marked the composer for most of Johny Walker's hits was OP Nayyar. And I would like to add " Mai Bambai Ka Babu " - Nayadaur.

rambabu wrote:

A good list covering almost all Johny Walker's Hits. You must have marked the composer for most of Johny Walker's hits was OP Nayyar. And I would like to add " Mai Bambai Ka Babu " - Nayadaur.

You have already mentioned it in your above post , so why mention it again and again...

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You have already mentioned it in your above post , so why mention it again and again...

OK. Rightly said. Please tell me from which film the song , Chahe Koi Muskuraye Gaaliyan Hazar DE, Mastram Banke Zindagi Guzar De. Is it a song picurised on Johny Walker ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.