Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sonu has lost the race for becoming timeless like Rafi and Kishore. If musicians made the latter what they are Sonu could have inspired today's musicians to come out with outstanding compositions. Certain truths have to be accepted. It in no way diminishes Sonu as a singer but he surely is not in the class of Rafi and Kishore. Personally I like Hemant Kumar's songs but he also was no patch to both the great singers.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

Kishore was a phenomenon and is uncomparable to any one. Although his range was limited but his output within it was fantastic. That he is heard by te young today shows his timelessness. Sonu's may come and go, Kishore will always be there along with Rafi,

True, it was the same scenario when people used to say Rafis and Kishors will come and go but Sehgal will always rule the world of music. Who knows who comes and replace the heroes of bygone era. I am one of the greatest of fans of Kishor and Rafi because I have grown up listening to them but I don't mind giving credit to deserving ones. Please keep in mind Sonu had no RD, SD, OP Nayyar, Naushad or Shankar jaikishan to support him which did all the trick and made Kishor and Rafi the real Kishor and Rafi. Again there is no doubt whatsoever about the greatness of Rafi or Kishor.

The very reason for not having support for Sonu from RD, or OP etc  speaks in no uncertain terms that Sonu is sans merit. I agree Sehgal had his field day. But he could not stand to the test of time. Who knows Kishore also may be flown away with the time. Nothing stays forever. That's why let's talk about the present that is KISHORE.

Am I allowed to say none of the above mucians were alive in Sonu era? 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

Kishore was a phenomenon and is uncomparable to any one. Although his range was limited but his output within it was fantastic. That he is heard by te young today shows his timelessness. Sonu's may come and go, Kishore will always be there along with Rafi,

True, it was the same scenario when people used to say Rafis and Kishors will come and go but Sehgal will always rule the world of music. Who knows who comes and replace the heroes of bygone era. I am one of the greatest of fans of Kishor and Rafi because I have grown up listening to them but I don't mind giving credit to deserving ones. Please keep in mind Sonu had no RD, SD, OP Nayyar, Naushad or Shankar jaikishan to support him which did all the trick and made Kishor and Rafi the real Kishor and Rafi. Again there is no doubt whatsoever about the greatness of Rafi or Kishor.

The very reason for not having support for Sonu from RD, or OP etc  speaks in no uncertain terms that Sonu is sans merit. I agree Sehgal had his field day. But he could not stand to the test of time. Who knows Kishore also may be flown away with the time. Nothing stays forever. That's why let's talk about the present that is KISHORE.

Sure you can say. But if all the three were to sing without music then whom would you rate higher? Honestly.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

I Raised those Music directors names because you mentioned them in your thread.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

I mentioned them as they were psrtially responsible for success of Rafi and Kishor. Sonu had no such advantage, but he sang for mediocore mucians only.  @ Vijai i have heard only Sonu without mucians and found his range as top class. But that does not downgrade the greats like Manna, Rafi or Kishor.

You are mistaken. Sonu Nigam got quite a few offers because of HIS mediocrity Sonu disappeared into oblivion. By the way It is the opposite that happened in the case of Kishore. It was Kishore's voice that made Some actors as SUPER HEROES. Remember what would have been the fate of  of Rajesh Khanna without the voice of Kishore who sang "Mere Sapnon Ke Rani..... ?

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

I mentioned them as they were psrtially responsible for success of Rafi and Kishor. Sonu had no such advantage, but he sang for mediocore mucians only.  @ Vijai i have heard only Sonu without mucians and found his range as top class. But that does not downgrade the greats like Manna, Rafi or Kishor.

I accept your verdict and agree it does not at all diminish the other great singers. Each is a class by themselves. I am not very muicall minded but have grown listening to Rafi and kiahore songs. Not much of Sonu. But sometime back there was a program of Sonu's songs and some which I had liked but only now came to know that they were sung by Sonu. 

Thank you said by: suni51
rambabu wrote:

You are mistaken. Sonu Nigam got quite a few offers because of HIS mediocrity Sonu disappeared into oblivion. By the way It is the opposite that happened in the case of Kishore. It was Kishore's voice that made Some actors as SUPER HEROES. Remember what would have been the fate of  of Rajesh Khanna without the voice of Kishore who sang "Mere Sapnon Ke Rani..... ?

Haha, Sonu disappeared because he made a silly statement about Lata. He faced a boycott by Bollywood film world.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Haha, Sonu disappeared because he made a silly statement about Lata. He faced a boycott by Bollywood film world

Could you elaborate the statement which almost finished his career, I am curious to know..

vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Haha, Sonu disappeared because he made a silly statement about Lata. He faced a boycott by Bollywood film world

Could you elaborate the statement which almost finished his career, I am curious to know..

He criticized the legendary Lata. he has earned the wrath of entire Hindi Movie world..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.