Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Rajkumar is such an actor who played both lead and supporting roles. As a Lead character, he won many laurels for his histrionics in Neel Kamal. But when he played supporting roles in movies like Paigham along with the great Dilip, he makes any actor look small and dominates the other characters with his unique Dialogue delivery.

Amrish Puri, Anupam Kher, Waheeda Rahman, Annu Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Boman Irani I think the list goes on. I personally have liked different people in different roles. Like Amrish Puri in Pardes, Ashutosh Rana in Dusman... There are so many other talented actors as well. Here mostly we are mentioning Hindi films but there a lot more people in regional language movies as well 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

You are right. there are scores of  talented actors in Regional Film Industry. I like old timer Nagesh for his comic and emotional roles. Coming to Bollywood, Balraj Sahani is  one of my favorite   actors who showed his acting prowess both in leading as well as Supporting roles. My favorite Movies of Balraj Sahani are Bhabhi and kabliwallah.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Anupam Kher is also one of my favourites. I consider him as an actor of all genre. Even Boman Irani is a treat to watch. I think no one can forget his performance in 3 Idiots. 

Yes, Boman Irani is a great actor and also I really like Vinay Pathak although I doubt if you could just call him a supporting actor. His performance of an idiotic buffoon in Bheja Fry or Chalo Delhi was simply superb and the entire film revolved around his character. Then there is Irrfan Khan too!

Absolutely right! Vinay Pathak and Irfan Khan are actors in true sense. In whatever role they are, they perform with ease. Irfan Khan's Piku and Talwar clearly depict his supporting skill. Even Manoj Bajpai is good at his job.       

shampasaid

All along we talked about male supporting Actors. We have woderful supportig actresses too Kiran Kher, Supriya Pathak, Aruna Irani are some of my favorite supporting actresses. But some leading actresses played supporting roles like Madhuri Dixit in Devdas. Sharukh played the role of Devdas ,Aishwarya as Paro and Madhuri as Chandra Mukhi.

Divya wrote:

Amrish Puri, Anupam Kher, Waheeda Rahman, Annu Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Boman Irani I think the list goes on. I personally have liked different people in different roles. Like Amrish Puri in Pardes, Ashutosh Rana in Dusman... There are so many other talented actors as well. Here mostly we are mentioning Hindi films but there a lot more people in regional language movies as well 

If I am not wrong, Ashutosh Rana was the villain in Dushman. Can he be considered as a supporting actor in that movie? 

shampasaid

In the  meanwhile let me give my own  favorite supportive actresses. Subha Khote who entered films with Seema, Sashikala, Smita patil to name a few are my most favorite supporting actresses.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Divya wrote:

If I am not wrong, Ashutosh Rana was the villain in Dushman. Can he be considered as a supporting actor in that movie? 

yes he is the villain in that movie. My understanding of a supporting role is somebody who is not in the lead role. So as per my logic even villains are supporting actors. Sorry for my ignorance if I am wrong

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Pran won many Supporting Actor Awards, even though he acted in the Movie as a Villain. 

Divya wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Divya wrote:

yes he is the villain in that movie. My understanding of a supporting role is somebody who is not in the lead role. So as per my logic even villains are supporting actors. Sorry for my ignorance if I am wrong

Come on Divya, I am not a film critic that you should be sorry for what you felt. It's just a discussion where I felt that a villain does not come under supporting actors. Even you may notice that in every film award the above two fall under separate category. May be I am wrong, it was just a thought.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.