Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

While the main characters or protagonist steal the show most of the times, we have innumerable movies in the past which have become memorable due to their supporting or character artists. Moreover, we have seen this trend that main lead actors with their growing age become character artists and leave their mark there also.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

When we look back at the golden era of Hindi cinema, we have numerous examples where character artists have stolen the show many a times. Mehmood always had a story playing parallel to the main character and pulled the masses to theater with his entertaining performance. How can one forget the vamp in Shashikala, Bindu and Manorama keeping audience enthralled till the end. And not to forget our beloved Kishor Kumar in Padosan. I think he clearly stole the show form the main leads. The list of such wonderful memorable characters is really a long one and every one is worth appreciation for their contribution. 

Not to forget today's cinemas too. Many a times character artists have  more impact than the main lead. Vijay Raj, Kay Kay Menon, Manoj Bajpayee, Irfaan Khan, Kiron Kher, Nawazuddin siddiqui, Huma Qureshi and so many more on the list

Irrfan Khan is an accomplished actor. He has acted not only in Hindi Movies Pan Singh Tomar, life in a Metro to name a few, but acted in some western movies like Namesake, New York, I love you etc

Arunima Singh wrote:

Not to forget today's cinemas too. Many a times character artists have  more impact than the main lead. Vijay Raj, Kay Kay Menon, Manoj Bajpayee, Irfaan Khan, Kiron Kher, Nawazuddin siddiqui, Huma Qureshi and so many more on the list

Hi Arunima, It is very nice to see you taking an active interest in the discussions and you are adding really good and valid points. But please refrain from adding multiple posts one after another without waiting for others' replies. Although it is not illegal to do so, it becomes a kind of monologue if you do that which makes a discussion thread insipid and uninteresting. I hope you understand this and take care henceforth.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.