Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

With time, audience tastes and likings change, especially younger generation. I don't think there will be a change in the attitude of audience in the near future. It is only for this reason Jaya was frustrated.

I fully agree with the legendary actress, if we see then we will find that the commercial films are only made now a day to earn a good amount of money from the films.

sdfafa

Jaya's observations are out of tune with the times today. During her days films had no competition. Also the country was passing from sad and gloomy days towards more prosperity of today. No one wants to watch sad and tearjerkers since many years now. film making has always been a commercial venture and they must make money if the connected person have to make another movie especially the producer and director and some of the actor's. Amitabh has a wealth of around Rs 500 crores. Does he act at peanut rates. Did Jaya act at peanut payments. It is fashionable to lament while making piles themselves.During her time the real art movies were not patronized by the viewers and such movies are not produced any longer. Let us not confuse the roles she enacted with her real self. Her choice of poltical.party spesks volumes.

Jaya Bhaduri was known for her realistic and lively roles...I doubt if she has acted in sad movies at all since her persona was that of a bubbly young girl full of mischief. She was a trend setter of her times because of her down to earth homely looks which became a rage with the youngsters . Finally she has the right to compare her times to present times which many people do anyway and feel the same way as she does .. Her political party is her choice, had she been under the dynasty probably she wd have found favors with some , Honestly !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Jaya, added, Present films are more about numbers and business. If the opening day collection of  a Movie,  is 50 crores, it  is considered as a great film. Most of the characters in Indian Films seem to be inspired by the West. The absence Of Indianess is conspicuously visible.

I am agree that any film have 50 collection of first day is great movie. These are commercial hits. These pictures have not and repeat value.  Reason behind absence of Indianess is that we forgot real India. India which is living in villages. Dum Laga ke Hai Sa, Black, and Page three are art film of this time and these also commercial success movies.

usha manohar wrote:

Jaya Bhaduri was known for her realistic and lively roles...I doubt if she has acted in sad movies at all since her persona was that of a bubbly young girl full of mischief. She was a trend setter of her times because of her down to earth homely looks which became a rage with the youngsters . Finally she has the right to compare her times to present times which many people do anyway and feel the same way as she does .. Her political party is her choice, had she been under the dynasty probably she wd have found favors with some , Honestly !!!

Samajwadi Party is under a dynasty for your information. Honestly, the bias comes out.

usha manohar wrote:

Samajwadi Party is under a dynasty for your information. Honestly, the bias comes out.

Pained by seeing today's Trash going as Movies, an eminent, highly talented, highly respected Actress Jaya Bachchan compared movies of her time and today's movies. What's wrong with it? Her intention was to raise the Standards of movies.

vijay wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

SP, Lalus party , Deve Gowda are all new and have  just two generations of dynastic rule. There is absolutely no bias because I am clear as to who I am speaking about the original party that had been in dynastic business for 4 generation s , the one for which you fight tooth and nail , each time any reference is made to them...If Jaya were a member of that party I am sure you would have quite a different view

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Of course audience play an important role in the kind of films made, however, it is mutual ! When the basic quality improves and there are more films made focusing on clean entertainment, audience taste would change accordingly.

Yes, I agree with you. The filmmakers have to first put their step forward towards a good and clean movie then gradually the viewers will learn to accept them. If not today but tomorrow the viewers will learn to love such movies when they would have no other option for entertainment. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.