Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Prof S. krishna murthy. stop the habit of abusing a member

As expected, when confronted with the truth attack ...As if it is going to show you in a better light !!!?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I saw the parroted post from the article link I uploaded ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We seem to have deviated from the topic a bit...

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

We sure have deviated from the topic quite a bit astonished..

Coming back to the topic, films are censored all very the world . However, their guidelines are different depending on the nation. We in Asia are still catching up  because if the difference in our tradition and culture. Political  interference​ is not new since it has been always there and only some like Udta Punjab get highlighted because the makers made sure that the entire nation took note of it . Most of the other films comply with the rules , may be even  manage get a few controversial scenes passed through high level ' influence'...

Personally I feel that we as a nation are not mature enough for certain types of films ..

usha manohar wrote:

Coming back to the topic, films are censored all very the world . However, their guidelines are different depending on the nation. We in Asia are still catching up  because if the difference in our tradition and culture. Political  interference​ is not new since it has been always there and only some like Udta Punjab get highlighted because the makers made sure that the entire nation took note of it . Most of the other films comply with the rules , may be even  manage get a few controversial scenes passed through high level ' influence'...

Personally I feel that we as a nation are not mature enough for certain types of films ..

Of course  We, as a nation, can talk about being modern all day long. But our stand on these issues is no less than a third world country.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Of course  We, as a nation, can talk about being modern all day long. But our stand on these issues is no less than a third world country.

I find some regional films taking up very bold subjects that also show controversial scenes that have been passed by the censor board. Hindi films probably have it worse because of the universal appeal , more so when a well known film maker is involved.

The censor board is in the 20th century and audience is in the 21st century. 

The 20th century laws were made by the previous govt and used it like a whip on films that showed them n poor light  ..It is definitely time to change those by laws now !

In 2015, CBFC chairperson was quoted saying " We're more liberal than the previous Censor Board."

By the end of that year, CBFC had denied certification to a total of 77 films, a whopping 64% more as compared to previous Censor Board. Yet, they claim to be more liberal.... Whatever helps them sleep at night.

Oscar Wilde

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.