Honestly , have they run out of subjects that they make a film on an actor still living , with questionable background , a criminal record and so on and so forth . ..I hate the idea of making films and glorifying people when they are still alive , be it Sachin, Dhoni or Sanjay Dutt .

Aren't there enough number of decent,honest , hardworking people who have toilec and made a pisitive difference ? Probably they are not glamorous enough or controversial to attract attention of the public . What do you all have to say about this trend ? 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not fen of Sanjay Dutt. I never like his style of acting. Biography of person which inspire others is not bad task. But biography of Sanjay Dutt will not inspire and motivate any one. Some biography, Dangal, Chak De India, MS Dhoni are biography of person who are role models of youth and also motivate young.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

True, it is not a good story to present in a movie form at all, but Ranbir Kapoor with his versatile skills has made the people sit & notice the film. It is controversies of a person that is making things famous than the personality.

Raees is another movie which glorified a criminal.

It just creates a negative environment & pulls people who gets influenced easily to negative habits & changes his lifestyle, though it may not be so compelling it is not at all advisable to showcase such movies.

Sanjay Dutt is & was a controversial person & hence the Director must have thought that he can weave an ensemble cast with a compelling & engrossing story which can earn him good bucks. However he failed to see the social aspect of it.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Very true Usha! First it was the antisocial elements such as the gangsters Dawood, Haji Mastan, Dawood's sister Haseena Parkar, Arun Gawli and so on. Now they have started glorifying the antisocial celebrity stars such as Sanjay Dutta whose claim to glory is quite mindboggling such as being a drug addict as a youngster, sleeping with over 300 women, possessing destructive weapons and assisting terrorists etc. The only reason he started doing movies with a social message such as Lage rahe Munnabhai and Munnabhai MBBS was to improve his public image and so that he can plead for lesser charges in the court. Now by making a film on his life, they are only passing the message is that all these things are quite okay because they are glamorous! What next now? A film on  Salman Khan??? rage

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

There are no two ways about it, a rule is for all... I feel that when a person is still alive it is a wrong precedence to make a film about him or her..

While film is for entertainment , it also can make a great impact on watchers and can send a wrong message ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, jabeen

I support the fact that biographies of the not so glamorous people must be made as their stories are deserved to be told. I do also feel that it is ok for movies of glamorous people to be made but it should reflect all that they have done and should not be used as a tool for image change. The truth must be told and at the same time the person should not be glorified beyond their merit.

I have not seen any biopic mentioned in this thread barring Dangal on TV and  have no intention to watch any other anyways. I know all about the reality of these biopics which is nothing but to make money when they still sell. Who would want to see a story of a man who was habitual of drugs, convicted for wrong reasons and married several time besides having tons of illegal relations. I think I know the man better than what is being shown in the movie. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

epraneeth77 wrote:

True, it is not a good story to present in a movie form at all, but Ranbir Kapoor with his versatile skills has made the people sit & notice the film. It is controversies of a person that is making things famous than the personality.

Raees is another movie which glorified a criminal.

It just creates a negative environment & pulls people who gets influenced easily to negative habits & changes his lifestyle, though it may not be so compelling it is not at all advisable to showcase such movies.

Sanjay Dutt is & was a controversial person & hence the Director must have thought that he can weave an ensemble cast with a compelling & engrossing story which can earn him good bucks. However he failed to see the social aspect of it.

You are right Sanjay Dutt life is not fit to present it by a film. But it is all business. It is not first time that a movie is make of criminal life. Hassena Parkar on like of Daud's sister. Some movies also make of life of Daud

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Very true Usha! First it was the antisocial elements such as the gangsters Dawood, Haji Mastan, Dawood's sister Haseena Parkar, Arun Gawli and so on. Now they have started glorifying the antisocial celebrity stars such as Sanjay Dutta whose claim to glory is quite mindboggling such as being a drug addict as a youngster, sleeping with over 300 women, possessing destructive weapons and assisting terrorists etc. The only reason he started doing movies with a social message such as Lage rahe Munnabhai and Munnabhai MBBS was to improve his public image and so that he can plead for lesser charges in the court. Now by making a film on his life, they are only passing the message is that all these things are quite okay because they are glamorous! What next now? A film on  Salman Khan??? rage

Well said Sanjay Dutt's life is not a story on which some one create a movie. It was his father Sunil Dutt who saved him from TADA. Indirectly he was involve in serial blast. He sleep with fiancee of his friend before marriage and pled that he we examine her. How  shameless person he is, read this article.

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/111914/06300234160849/0/map/tabs-1/2018-06-30%2000:00:00/41/4/text/

suni51 wrote:

I have not seen any biopic mentioned in this thread barring Dangal on TV and  have no intention to watch any other anyways. I know all about the reality of these biopics which is nothing but to make money when they still sell. Who would want to see a story of a man who was habitual of drugs, convicted for wrong reasons and married several time besides having tons of illegal relations. I think I know the man better than what is being shown in the movie. 

Every person know, who are interested in movies. that what is Sanjay Dutta, glorification of his image in movie never improve his image in public.. Making movies is also a business, it is not wrong. Some biography give us good message. Tell about struggle of person. It is not possible to show each and every moment of life of a person. Bhag Milkha Sing tell us how a small thief became a Olmpyian.

Bhag Milkha presented Milkha Singh in very poor light. Instead of Keeping him focussed on training, competetition and practice the movie shows him sleeping with a girl, going to picnic and dancing etc.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.